What's new
What's new

Vintage shop cart

Craig Donges

Stainless
Greetings all;

Here's a vintage platform cart. Wouldn't this look good transporting materials around the vintage machine shop? Check out the neato wheels.

Platform is about 30" X 60" X 19".

Priced at $149.00

Thanks!
Craig Donges

IMG_1522.jpg

That's almost certainly a product of Fairbanks Scale.

Years ago, at the Going-Out-Of-Business auction at Koenig's Industrial Supply, I saw a BRAND NEW, old stock, (NOS) example of this fail to incite any real bidding interest, despite its obvious utility. It was a real beauty, all Oak, Hickory, and green painted ironwork.

Other interesting things in the background:
1) A pair of beautiful curvaceous legs. (Lathe legs!)
2) Mysterious wooden floor with a corner at the right. What's holding up the roof?

I have the Spare Rim

Neat cart. Located in the photo above the lathe behind the light is a wheel just like the rear wheels on the cart. Always wondered what it came off of. I'm keeping it though. :D Jim

Attachments

• P2120307 (Medium).JPG
    P2120307 (Medium).JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 3,560
A customer of mine near the airport here in Richmond Va had a warehouse with carts similar to that. The carts had pins that would engage a constantly moving chain set into steel lined channels in the wooden floor. If I rememder correctly it had what looked like little railroad switches to send a cart down a particular isle. I was told it had been a parts warehouse for Ford Motor Co. way back when. The clothing co that occupied the building (went out of business last year) was still using it. Wish I had taken pictures:(.

Mike

That would make someone a great tool cart just add legs extending from the original deck to make a raised table and use the bottom to store heavier stuff. I have a cart similar to this one only more modern with a steel deck, it Has come in handy every now and then.

Thank you.

James

Back