What's new
What's new

Bridgeport Series I Milling Machine F/S

CoolHand

Hot Rolled
What I have here is a Series I Bridgeport milling machine.

It's a '70's vintage, with a 2 HP vari-speed head, spindle speeds 50-4200 RPM 2J head. It has a 9"x42" table, with manual feeds on all axes (IE cranks ;) ).

Condition wise, it is a 30 yr old machine. It's in pretty durned good shape for being so old, but it does have it's creaks. The head grumbles a little bit at the high end of the RPM range, but it's still got a few years left before a rebuild will be needed. The spindle bearings are in pretty good shape, no noise or heat. No cracked castings anywhere, all the cinch bolts in the head and ram are intact. The gibs are pretty good, a fuzz tight at the very end of the X axis travel, but all the other axes are good throughout their travel. All the gibs are adjusted very well, and the table tracks as square as I can measure (IE it's less than 0.001" out of square). The ways are all in good shape, most of the flaking still remains, but there is wear. It is wired for 240 volt 3 phase power, but can be rewired for 480 volt pretty easily. You'll need a phase converter if you want to run it off of single phase home power.

This is an excellent machine for an accomplish amateur, or the beginner who doesn't want to buy another machine when they get good. This machine will cut pretty much anything you can manhandle onto the table.

Machine is about 75" W x 68" D x 85" H, and weighs ~2400 lbs. It will have to be shipped truck freight, or you can pick it up with a decent truck and a flatbed trailer. I will load the machine for free so long as we can do it with a forklift. If you can't get it into your transportation with a forklift, you will be responsible for arranging and paying for rigging and loading here too.

Price: $2500 OBO

I also have a lot of spares for this machine that I will toss in for another $500. New Spindle Bearings ($300 value right there), new vari-speed sleeves, new vari-speed belt, assorted bushings and bearings, and a few sundries. All of which add up to way more than $500 if you were to buy them new. You're most of the way to a rebuild kit already with this stuff, so you'll be prepared in ten years when it's time. :D

Pictures were taken outside when we last moved the machine, but it is housed inside a heated shop building, it has never sat outside overnight. I take good care of my tools, and while this machine is not a spring chicken, it is a very good machine. Old enough that you aren't afraid to scratch the paint, but in good enough shape to cut as well as your skill and other tools will allow.

MyBridgeport1.jpg

MyBridgeport2.jpg

MyBridgeport3.jpg

That is all.

You still got that Bridgeport? I trust it isn't on that trailer gathering rain...

Let me know. No sense asking more unless you still have it. Dan.

I do still have it.

And no, it's not on that trailer gathering rain.

Those pictures were taken when we last moved it.

It now resides in a very dry and heated shop, still under power.

I do have a local interested in it though, so it may not last long.

What can you tell me about the table?

You didn't say you were the original owner, so it is possible there are a lot of marks and hole on the table.... any pictures of that?

Back