What's new
What's new

No more 1k TSC?

T Bigelow

Plastic
My employer is in the process of buying a new HAAS VF4-SS, one of the major debates left was 300 PSI or 1k PSI for Through spindle coolant. We were informed today by the salesman at our HFO that as of yesterday the 1k system is no longer available. Their reasoning is the flow rate and pressure between the systems is similar enough for a drill with .090" coolant holes, there for the higher pressure system is not needed. I have seen previous posts on this forum stating that on smaller drills (<.250") 300 psi is not sufficient, there for this decision makes little sense to me. Any one else think this is an ill conceived move? Also can anyone confirm that the 1K PSI system is no longer available?

-Tom

Chipblaster makes D30-35 500 psi model and D30-70 1000 psi also there is CoolJet making small units too.

Last edited:
Interesting ...

They sure did a month ago, and the website's Build page still shows it for just north of $8K.

I have heard of people making their own high pressure coolant pump rather than dropping 8k.

What I have been told is they buy a pressure washer and plump it into the existing coolant pump for supply and use a filtering system to keep contaminates
from ruining the pressure washer pump.

I have heard of people making their own high pressure coolant pump rather than dropping 8k.

What I have been told is they buy a pressure washer and plump it into the existing coolant pump for supply and use a filtering system to keep contaminates
from ruining the pressure washer pump.

that might work, but are they wiring pressure switches to confirm pressure? there is a lot of software built into the Haas TSC system, like analog pressure, taper cleaning air blast and vacuum pressure sensor on the filters to alert the operator when the filter needs to be changed/cleaned.

Back