What's new
What's new

New to me Maho SK250

ub360

Plastic
Hello. I picked up a Maho SK250 ( not A version) recently and I have it currently (Feb 2022) disassembled to clean and inspect. I will post pictures of before and after. During disassembly, I realized that this is both a vertical and a horizontal mill, though it only has a vertical head . The collets it came with seem to be similar dimension to U2( same as L20?) . Can someone please confirm if they are interchanble?
Also the horizontal taper seem to be an ISO 30? Im asking so I can get tooling if they come up at my local swapmeet/flea market.
This seem to be a rare beast and not much information is available online. Any info is appreciated.
Rob

I thought that the taper is Morse Taper 4 (it's what the spec suggests). Late MH600 were 40INT in both but a 30INT could be possible.
I have some SK250 specs/manual - if you message me with an email address I'll send them over.

My MH600 came without an overarm so I made one. I got 3 12mm plates laser cut. One to form the flange onto the machine and two to support the arbour bearing and welded them to a 90mm bar. Works fine. It's very, very rarely used

Charles

I thought that the taper is Morse Taper 4 (it's what the spec suggests). Late MH600 were 40INT in both but a 30INT could be possible.
I have some SK250 specs/manual - if you message me with an email address I'll send them over.

My MH600 came without an overarm so I made one. I got 3 12mm plates laser cut. One to form the flange onto the machine and two to support the arbour bearing and welded them to a 90mm bar. Works fine. It's very, very rarely used

Charles
Hi I just picked up a early Maho MH-600 would love to get any manuals you might have and pictures of your homemade overarm. I’m missing a few pieces on mine but nice machine

Attachments

• 6EC09E72-AEB6-4264-946F-29956CFC2D48.jpeg
    6EC09E72-AEB6-4264-946F-29956CFC2D48.jpeg
    30 KB · Views: 14
I posted them in Machinery Manuals and Brochures, but the links don’t seem to work anymore. I will try reposting - I’m getting quite a few requests of late. David

Been away. Have you found the manuals now?
Hi Charles, David helped me out thanks, I’m always interested in photos from these machines disassembled. The manuals shows only limited details. Especially the shifting forks for the gearbox.

Back