What's new
What's new

Help! Double Stacked Hydraulic Valve

Winsten

Plastic
We have a FEMCO lathe with a directional hydraulic control valve that went bad. The machine had sat for a while. The valve drove the turret rotation hydraulic motor.
This valve (Daikin JS-G01-4CA-12) appears to have both solenoid coils on the right hand side… is there a name for this configuration of double stacked coils? And is there a way to get them that don’t cost an absolute arm and a leg?

Direct replacement looking like $900-$1600. This machine is pretty beat up, but we just revived the servo drive so I’d like to get it running again, but without investing too much more. Going to disassemble the valve and coils and check the whole thing.

Any insight would be great.

We have a FEMCO lathe with a directional hydraulic control valve that went bad. The machine had sat for a while. The valve drove the turret rotation hydraulic motor.
This valve (Daikin JS-G01-4CA-12) appears to have both solenoid coils on the right hand side… is there a name for this configuration of double stacked coils? And is there a way to get them that don’t cost an absolute arm and a leg?

Direct replacement looking like $900-$1600. This machine is pretty beat up, but we just revived the servo drive so I’d like to get it running again, but without investing too much more. Going to disassemble the valve and coils and check the whole thing.

Any insight would be great.

Call femco parts in orange ca. they will guide you
that thing its not that expensive, i have 2 lathes
just dissamble they get rusty and you might be ok.
i had same problems , good lathes strong better than
hass lathes

Thanks for the replies

Might be a scarier issue

While I was messing with it the turret troubleshooting it started to index. Glad I make a habit of staying clear of things. On the diagnostic 300s page, the timer for “turret index start” gets randomized when I type a zero into line 324 (lines 320-324 are all the same timer) and had set an obscenely high value like 30 seconds. The operator had usually hit reset and tried again by that time and that’s why it wasn’t working. I managed to get it to work by setting 324 to 0 first then resetting 320-323. It’s odd because it still shows “00000011” in 324 which as far as I know should be some super high millisecond value (1100000000000000000000000000000000 Binary), but the turret is turning fine now after just a second or so.

I’m wondering if my memory chip is corrupt.

What is bad about the hyd valve? Bad coil? Swap on a coil.

I was trying to find out what they were called, so I could try to replace just the coils. the coils are like one pack for both, it looks funny. Late 80’s machines and this looks to be OEM.

Thank you, I think I figured it out with the timer issue.

Man these valves might be bullet proof

Back