What's new
What's new

the neutral tool and b-axis angle in mill/turn

M Code

Aluminum
Hi

We have 45 deg. CNMG holder, we take tool length offset while the B-axis in 45 deg. and during turning we run the tool with 45 deg. always

I saw this tool today https://www.secotools.com/article/p_10070309 neutral tool for VBMT insert, I believe if we tilt the B axis the tool can be running as RH VBMT holder or LH

In Integrex machine the machine will ask if this 45 deg. or no during tool length offset for A and B

the questions:

1- at which degree (b degree) that we take the tool length offset (measure A, B) ... is it 45 deg.?
2- If i take the offset with certain angle like 45 deg. can I run the tool with 90 deg. or 0 deg. ? or it should run the tool same as the tool offset angle?

Thank you

1- at which degree (b degree) that we tool length offset (measure A, B) ... is it 45 deg.?
2- If i take the offset with certain angle like 45 deg. can I run the tool with 90 deg. or 0 deg. ? or it should run the tool same as the tool offset angle?

Thank you
Our Integrex will automatically compensate for tool position when using a CNMG tool that is normally probed and used at 45° angle. I can use the CNMG at B90 or B0 and the machine knows where the tip is in relation to the part. I use the CNMG at B0 when facing sometimes because this gives me a 50° lead angle on the insert.

Back