What's new
What's new

Geometric threading head Jones & Lamson Model 20S

Shackelford R

Plastic
New never used with manual have 2 total sold as each. Bendix Besley Jones & Lamson Model 20S Tangent die head. See pics not a speck on them. Feel free to ask questions or make an offer. Be sure to see my other listings. $300 each or make offer. I can email or text pics unable to upload from my phone.

Last edited:
Geometric is a separate company/tradename not connected with Jones and Lamson. The two companies' die heads are quite different from each other. In other words, your title is confusing.

Larry

New never used with manual have 2 total sold as each. Bendix Besley Jones & Lamson Model 20S Tangent die head. See pics not a speck on them. Feel free to ask questions or make an offer. Be sure to see my other listings. $300 each

Geometric is a separate company/tradename not connected with Jones and Lamson. The two companies' die heads are quite different from each other. In other words, your title is confusing.

Larry
I was just told it was a geometric threading die head the mfg is Jones and Lamson. So what should I call it?

New never used with manual have 2 total sold as each. Bendix Besley Jones & Lamson Model 20S Tangent die head. See pics not a speck on them. Feel free to ask questions or make an offer. Be sure to see my other listings. $300 each or make offer.

New never used with manual have 2 total sold as each. Bendix Besley Jones & Lamson Model 20S Tangent die head. See pics not a speck on them. Feel free to ask questions or make an offer. Be sure to see my other listings. $300 each or make offer.

Apparently, you have Jones and Lamson model 20S die heads. State the name and whatever else is actually marked on the device. It would be best to post pictures and state dimensions, like the shank diameter and the capacity if you know it. If the chasers and chaser holders are with the heads, state what markings are on them. You said tangential, which means each size/pitch chaser set will need a holder set to match the desired thread size. The type/size of cutting tools it uses would help a potential buyer to research whether they can be bought and what they cost. You see, Geometric D style chasers are very easy to find, either new or used, and made by several companies besides Geometric. Popular, common tooling like that tends to be relatively inexpensive, especially if used or surplus (eBay). J&L stuff, not so much. Die heads that require chasers and holders that are rare and/or expensive are not very desirable.

Larry

Last edited:
Apparently, you have Jones and Lamson model 20S die heads. State the name and whatever else is actually marked on the device. It would be best to post pictures and state dimensions, like the shank diameter and the capacity if you know it. If the chasers and chaser holders are with the heads, state what markings are on them. You said tangential, which means each size/pitch chaser set will need a holder set to match the desired thread size. The type/size of cutting tools it uses would help a potential buyer to research whether they can be bought and what they cost. You see, Geometric D style chasers are very easy to find, either new or used, and made by several companies besides Geometric. Popular, common tooling like that tends to relatively inexpensive, especially if used or surplus (eBay). J&L stuff, not so much. Die heads that require chasers and holders that are rare and/or expensive are not very desirable.

Larry
Thanks for the information I'll add information to the post tomorrow. Wish I could change the title and I'm working on posting pics but my phone won't let me I'm gonna try to email myself the pics and try on a laptop.

Here are some pics I hope they upload.

Attachments

• J & L 1.jpg
    J & L 1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 18
  • J & L 2.jpg
    J & L 2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 19
  • J & L 3.jpg
    J & L 3.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 18
  • J & L 4.jpg
    J & L 4.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 18
  • J & L 5.jpg
    J & L 5.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 18
I would also like to apologize for anyone's fragile sensibilities I have offended by trying to post items correctly in the for sale section.

So go post it on EBAY !
it already is thought someone would need on on this forum so I offer it here as well.

You mean, you are trying to "help people?"

I would also like to apologize for anyone's fragile sensibilities I have offended by trying to post items correctly in the for sale section.
Have you read and understood the site rules? We are not very fragile, but are aware of the site rules, which are in the following link.

Rules applicable here:

5. All are welcome. But this is a free service. You are expected to pay by participating in other areas of the site. If you are simply here to sell you are not welcome. And saying that "I am trying to help people" will get you booted. That is the #1 response of the type A salesmen that end up being banned. You are here to help yourself. Some leeway will be given to first time posters. But not much.

14. As to ebay. If you link to your ebay auction, that is fine. But if you do not contribute otherwise then no leeway will be given. In other words if all you do is spam your ebay auction and do not otherwise participate your ads will be deleted. Keep doing it and you wont be missed.

Larry

Well Kenneth R. Tarmack, if you listed is on eBay and here, it's customary to offer PM members a discount off the Ebay price.

Unless your just "Saturation Bombing" everywhere you can get a foothold in... Following the book "Guerilla Marketing" I see.

it already is thought someone would need on on this forum so I offer it here as well.

Have you read and understood the site rules? We are not very fragile, but are aware of the site rules, which are in the following link.

Rules applicable here:

5. All are welcome. But this is a free service. You are expected to pay by participating in other areas of the site. If you are simply here to sell you are not welcome. And saying that "I am trying to help people" will get you booted. That is the #1 response of the type A salesmen that end up being banned. You are here to help yourself. Some leeway will be given to first time posters. But not much.

14. As to ebay. If you link to your ebay auction, that is fine. But if you do not contribute otherwise then no leeway will be given. In other words if all you do is spam your ebay auction and do not otherwise participate your ads will be deleted. Keep doing it and you wont be missed.

Larry

Rules applicable here:

I haven't been on much over the last year plus I have posted in the South Bend forums a while back. Granted I don't have the same level of knowledge that others have on this site I have learned some in my reading on here I don't post much as not to clutter a thread with information that might not be 100% correct. I also am not trying to saturation bombing I've only posted a couple items 1 or 2 times a week. As far as site rules I'm sorry if you think I've broken them it was not intentional I did read them, if I did break one or more of them try explaining what exactly I did and I'm more than happy to correct it. I didn't see a forum for just ebay listings or I would have posted it there.
If you feel the need to boot me fine I understand at this point with the belittling I am not sure I want to be part of this forum anyway. I was hoping to learn here and I'm also helping a friend getting rid of some stuff from his dad who recently passed away. Don't mean to ruffle any feathers just saying it like I see it. I was told the threading dies were Geometric threading dies (what they are called) made by the Jones and Lamson Company. The person who helped me was the first person who posted and I appreciate his time I was going to add dimension later today when I get to the shop.

Back