What's new
What's new

Hardinge 4NS collet set for sale

ElcoMachine

Plastic
Used Hardinge 4NS collet set with Draw bar and few misc. collets. Collets are in near new shape.
325$ or best offer for whole set. We will ship to you, will not piece out set.

4NS by Hardinge Set contains: (Size x Quantity)
1/16" x 1
3/32" x 1
1/8" x 2
3/16" x 2
1/4" x 2
5/16" x 2
3/8" x 3
7/16" x 2
1/2" x 3
9/16" 2
5/8" 2

4NS by Rivett
1/8" x 1

Misc Collets with set"
Hardinge 3c Collets
1/2" x 2

Unsure of what the other 5 misc. collets are.

Attachments

• WIN_20221121_10_55_28_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20221121_10_55_28_Pro.jpg
    598.9 KB · Views: 14
We have a "For Sale" thread this item really belongs in. Right here in the "Bridgeport/Hardinge/Light Iron' section for posting like this one.
We also have a "For Sale" thread in the general section of this forum for thread like this one, too. In fact, you may get better results placing this listing in that section, too. If you like, I can move it to that section, too. Ken
Thanks Ken, please move it as recommended. Happy Thanksgiving.

Offer the collets at around $8 each and you might sell a few.

Off hand, I don't know of anything that uses 4NS collets.
Anyone out there know of anything they can be used on?

I know of a set of NOS 5NS collets that have been in the family for the past 45 years.

Off hand, I don't know of anything that uses 4NS collets.
Anyone out there know of anything they can be used on?
4NS are a little harder to come by, as so few machines used them. One is Gorton's 375-2 cutter grinder which is good for smaller end mills as well as cutters for pantographs. I happen to have that machine, but opened the bore of spindle tool head to fit R8 collets instead:

Some Rivett lathes used them, but there is a slight variance in fit between Hardinge and Rivett collets. I happened to see a few threads on it. One is here:

The collets have sold.
Thanks for all the helpful comments, my apologies for being a clumsy noob and offending anyone's sensibilities.

Back