What's new
What's new

Sargon Mill Pro 3 Axis Display Needed

MARK07747

Cast Iron
I know this is a long shot but I have a like new mill with a Sargon Mill Pro 3 axis DRO but there is a problem with the box. I would hate to have to change all the scales. I appreciate any help. Marc 917-974-7381 or you can e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks- no I have not tried them but I am sending it into Linear Measuring Systems next week. I just posted on here hoping someone may have one in case mine is not repairable. The machine is like new and I would hate to have to drill and mount 3 new scales from a different manufacturer.

Most scales output 2 digital pulse trains (channel A and channel B) that are shifted by 1/4 of the wavelength. You should be able to use most normal display heads. All that you have to do is figure what connector pins the channel A and B signals are on. Just make up an adapter to match up the signals.

Have you asked DRO Pros if there is a replacement? I have never dealt with them but it might be worth a call
Bob
Dropros does not sell adapters so you are forced to figure out how to make you own if you buy a display from them.
Tim
LMSC

I went down this rat hole with an old Sargon system. Stuff this old does not like being bounced around in shipping. Also the Sargons use an old style connector from the scales to the display that don't work with any other system, so you can't reuse the scales with a different display. I just threw away my original Sargon display and the replacement one I bought trying to "save" money. Just buy a whole new system.

the point is that he wants to keep his scales. sargon scales aren't much different than
most other common scales . all he'd need to connect any import display (sino
easson, jenix ) is a properly wired db-25 female to db-9 male adaptor, or just fuck the adaptor and replace the db-25's w/ db-9 or DIN plugs to fit the display. take less
than an hour with a soldering iron . 5 wires from each scale.. if that's too much ,you
can buy solderless set screw jobs :

SARGON D25 PINOUT: (Single-Ended)
14 = 0v
15 = 5v
1 = TTL A
2 = TTL B
3 = REFERENCE

ACURITE MS PINOUT: (Single-Ended)
D = 0v
C = 5v
A = TTL A
B = TTL B