What's new
What's new

How will China's new airliner fair?

it was a fair fair under fair skies though the fare was outrageous and the plane fared at best fair

try again. looks like the egyptians beat the chines to the toothbrush by 1500yrs https://smileconcepts.co.uk/toothbrush-history/#:~:text=In 1780 William Addis invented,three-row brush was developed.

i say again. what have chinese invented ,designed , improved , engineered. besides copy , what can they do ?
look how well micfrosoft has done simply by buying up companies with good products and not trying to make their own. they are held up as a shining example of how to succeed in business without really trying. Seems like china is actually at least making their own copies not just buying the originals out.
Bill D

China seems to have found a way to fly international air route to the United States.
Looks like they have designed a BALOON that can stay aloft for days over the United States.
Maybe China could purchase airship facilities at Akron or Lakehurst.
Most certainly employs some type of green technology since it appears not to have oil burning engines. Heck of an advance in renewable energy?
Quite impressive since even the current Administration can only sit back an watch it track across controlled airspace.

China seems to have found a way to fly international air route to the United States.
Looks like they have designed a BALOON that can stay aloft for days over the United States.
Maybe China could purchase airship facilities at Akron or Lakehurst.
Most certainly employs some type of green technology since it appears not to have oil burning engines. Heck of an advance in renewable energy?
Quite impressive since even the current Administration can only sit back an watch it track across controlled airspace.
Its not in controlled airspace, Class A tops out at 60kft. And why should we bother wasting any resources shooting it down? China certainly didn’t plan for it to be here, and they also have plenty of spy satellites if they need pictures. Who cares about a stupid balloon? Its like the biggest manufactured crisis for the media.

supposedly the chinese spy balloon has survielance payload (gopro ?). hopefully the usa brings it down for examination 😎. not so we can copy it or anything

Well, on one hand that didn't exactly stop the USSR now did it? Gary was at around 70K so ....

On the other hand, we - I hope that is - will bring it down in a controlled manner just for the matter of principle.
At the time the real propaganda victory(?) handed the Soviets over the U2 shootdown was diminishing the credibility of a U.S. President who's faulty intelligence system had no idea Powers was alive.... "the Eisenhower administration believed that little evidence of the plane's espionage mission had survived the crash, so they responded that the aircraft was merely a weather plane that had accidentally flown off course"

No doubt past history is in the minds of leadership on both sides and they will be very happy when the balloon is long gone and the Administration hands the press/media some new blunder to report on.

A balloon ? 350 million people obsessing over a balloon ? One riot, one ranger, eh ?

Is there something in the water ?
Awaiting an announcement that Dept Of Defense will seek a couple of $Billion$ to catch up to China in Balloon technology in order to close the "Balloon Gap".
The Defense Contractors already have the proven paperwork down to a science...Cross out "Battleship" and write in "Balloon".
Get it on the President's for Monday morning signing.
Simple.

The whole balloon thing in the news seems so rather silly to me.
Should we also shoot down satellites sitting over the US?
These things can look in your bedroom window and know how big your pickle is with ease. This is 80's tech.
Do we do such? Early 80's and a guy in Red Square holding a cigarette pack. L&Ms..... I did think that was sweet.
Let's excite fear, spying and oh my

Last edited:
The whole balloon thing in the news seems so rather silly to me.
These things can look in your bedroom window and know how big your pickle is with ease. This is 80's tech.
Let's excite fear.
Bob...please draw the shades to your bedroom.
Chairman Xi.

Perhaps not satellites, but you think Russia or China would think twice about shooting down an SR-71 ( or any other US aircraft ) flying @ 70Kft if they could?
Agreed though, it is overblown.

Well, they tried, 4000 times and never even came close.

According to two of the crews that flew them, they were very careful to not overfly either the soviet union or china.

Take that for what it's worth but Brian Shul doesn't seem like a liar to me. If they had, he'd just keep silent on the subject.

Back