What's new
What's new

Moon landing or or not?

Like I say, it's just amazing that people actually believe we didn't go to the moon
You can prove it, yes, you yourself that we did land on the moon.
Get a suitable telescope and take pictures of the stuff that is supposed to be up there on the surface.
Don't just use some internet picture, look for yourself.
Then post them here to show us unbelievers........
Of course, the excuse is we don't have telescopes that can focus on the moon, but we can look jillions of miles past that????
Yea right............wonder why there are no clear pictures of anything?
If we had the tech to go to the moon in the 60's(not) we should have no issue being able to see footprints on the surface in 2024

You can prove it, yes, you yourself that we did land on the moon.
Get a suitable telescope and take pictures of the stuff that is supposed to be up there on the surface.
Don't just use some internet picture, look for yourself.
Then post them here to show us unbelievers........
Of course, the excuse is we don't have telescopes that can focus on the moon, but we can look jillions of miles past that????
Yea right............wonder why there are no clear pictures of anything?
If we had the tech to go to the moon in the 60's(not) we should have no issue being able to see footprints on the surface in 2024
as if cosmic dust hasnt covered them up in 6 decades...

Nah....if you look at the "pictures" that are put out there, far away shots of course, they still show the tracks from the car that ran around.
So, if they are "supposed to be there" then I'm quite sure the landing base will show up.

Simple logic here...you were sitting in your house watching B/W TV, your car could have been a flat head, Fm radio was the BIG thing, you were on rotary phones and possibly on a shared line........and you have all this wonderful technology to land on something 240K miles away??
Ok, yea I'm done with this .....never to be resolved .
Got parts to make........

Last edited:
Google much?
There are pictures of some of the Apollo landing sites taken by other (non us) moon missions.
Also, there were way, way too many people involved in Apollo for it to be fake. Didn't a nearly 90 year old Buzz Aldren punch a moon landing conspiracy "theorist" in the face?

I was just making a simple hillbilly observation, based on being an engineer and machinist for 40+ years. How long has is been since you received your engineering degree from a nationally-recognized engineering university, and how many years have you run a successful machine shop?

Like I say, it's just amazing that people actually believe we didn't go to the moon---especially technical people on a machining website.

What are the conspiracists going to claim next, that the Space Station is in a Hollywood studio?

ToolCat

Your womanish little question about engineering degrees confirms your fawning over external authority, confusing degrees for the ability to think clearly.

That said, I could be your professor: bsme '99, msme '01, phd me '05. Been running the shop since 2010, mostly making custom scientific research equipment and instrumentation, though more recently, the focus has shifted to ATF-regulated activities.

Back to my thesis: you've watched a lot of TV and you like to repeat what the "officials" and "authorities" say because you're an tiktok babe at heart, all about outward appearances (like degrees) and looking for easy likes and popularity by repeating what those guys on TV say instead of thinking for yourself, even a little bit.

You need to talk to john.k about that, because he just wrote that the mirror arrays (that are supposedly still getting used and evidently not covered in dust) PROVE the moon missions.

Your womanish little question about engineering degrees confirms your fawning over external authority, confusing degrees for the ability to think clearly.

That said, I could be your professor: bsme '99, msme '01, phd me '05. Been running the shop since 2010, mostly making custom scientific research equipment and instrumentation, though more recently, the focus has shifted to ATF-regulated activities.

Back to my thesis: you've watched a lot of TV and you like to repeat what the "officials" and "authorities" say because you're an tiktok babe at heart, all about outward appearances (like degrees) and looking for easy likes and popularity by repeating what those guys on TV say instead of thinking for yourself, even a little bit.
Your insults to people that think differently than you put you in the same company as Superbowl. An ace that can not be told anything.

Ok, I can't stand it, got to write this.......then I'm done with this.......
Air to air missiles in the 60's, what a joke.
We had about a 12% hit rate, and that's depending on who you read, most are around 9%.
So, we can't get a simple missile to hit a target, be it the radar, flight controls, flight "computer", and then you expect me to believe we sent a ship to the moon at 20,000mph with 3 guys that were going to land and run around collecting rocks???

There is no emoji that even gets close to this one.......

Ok, I can't stand it, got to write this.......then I'm done with this.......
Air to air missiles in the 60's, what a joke.
We had about a 12% hit rate, and that's depending on who you read, most are around 9%.
So, we can't get a simple missile to hit a target, be it the radar, flight controls, flight "computer", and then you expect me to believe we sent a ship to the moon at 20,000mph with 3 guys that were going to land and run around collecting rocks???

There is no emoji that even gets close to this one.......
you're right, the entire rest of the world is wrong. feel free to don your tinfoil hat back on and go back under the rock you crawled out from.

Your insults to people that think differently than you put you in the same company as Superbowl. An ace that can not be told anything.
When NASA gave us the internet, their chief information scientist was quoted saying, "Today, we are putting the internet in the public's hands so all of humanity will be able to share cat memes and engage in flame wars with anonymous strangers on forums. No longer will we allow these joys of life to remain the privilege of a select few behind these secure gates."

In other words, I'm just using the internet the way it was meant to be used :) But I hear ya.

you're right, the entire rest of the world is wrong. feel free to don your tinfoil hat back on and go back under the rock you crawled out from.
It's ad hominems...because it's hard to poke holes in the reasoning behind any of his points. You might not believe in Jesus, but nevertheless your reaction to MwTech's points is similar to the reaction of religious people hearing blasphemy against their own heartfelt beliefs.

It's ok to say you believe it because you know the government and media is filled with honorable, forthright people who have no track record of lying, ever, about anything.

Ah, now it makes sense, you're a PhD: simply superior in your intellect...at least in your mind.

To have a PhD in mechanical engineering and not believe we actually landed on the moon is laughable.

Let me guess, you're an independent thinking liberal who voted and will vote for the senile geriatric your kind put in the White House?

And this simpleton hillbilly was making a 6-figure salary in the cnc machine shop I started from scratch when you were still in diapers....

ToolCat

It's ad hominems...because it's hard to poke holes in the reasoning behind any of his points. You might not believe in Jesus, but nevertheless your reaction to MwTech's points is similar to the reaction of religious people hearing blasphemy against their own heartfelt beliefs.

It's ok to say you believe it because you know the government and media is filled with honorable, forthright people who have no track record of lying, ever, about anything.
keep making your ASSumptions...

There are other pix of Apollo sites from Indian and Chinese orbiters, including one that shows a path. I lifted the pic from the Wikipedia page on moon landing evidence. I know that someone could say they are all fake, but that person has most likely already decided the whole thing is fake, so whatever.
I think the pictures are really neat. I was 5 or 6? when we first landed on the moon - it was a hugely inspiring event and it is truly a mind-boggling achievement. Seeing the pix of the remains reignites the inspiration. Those astronauts were made out of some very, very special stuff.
I wonder if Apollo denialism is sort of related to all that crazy pyramid stuff - things so immense and precise that someone else must have built them.

Back