What's new
What's new

Kurt vise for sale

Jphartsell

Plastic
One new HDLM4 Kurt vise for sale. No jaws included. Anyone interested please make an offer.

Attachments

• IMG_1908.jpeg
    IMG_1908.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1906.jpeg
    IMG_1906.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1907.jpeg
    IMG_1907.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1910.jpeg
    IMG_1910.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1903.jpeg
    IMG_1903.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1904.jpeg
    IMG_1904.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1905.jpeg
    IMG_1905.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 100
I am not a master machinist such as yourselves so no I haven’t had any input only learning from the knowledge that is brought by others. Didn’t intend to offend as I can see by the responses that I have I respectfully withdraw my post. Also “new” as in it has never had a part placed in it. No I don’t have the box it came in. sorry about the offensive thread guys.

If you had posted it at a really low price there would have been no complaining from the know it alls, asking for offers is not the way to go here

It's frowned upon to post an item without a price. Most people hate that. Also frowned upon to come here just to sell things - the guys here are a bit of a tight-knit crew. eBay may be a better fit if you just want to sell. If you say something is in "new" condition, it needs to look like it just came out of the wrapper, no oxidation, etc. which your item looks like it has some. The guys here are mostly machinists, who are notoriously picky.

It's frowned upon to post an item without a price. Most people hate that. Also frowned upon to come here just to sell things - the guys here are a bit of a tight-knit crew. eBay may be a better fit if you just want to sell. If you say something is in "new" condition, it needs to look like it just came out of the wrapper, no oxidation, etc. which your item looks like it has some. The guys here are mostly machinists, who are notoriously picky.
Thank you for the response with no added sarcasm. I also have been a machinist for 14 yrs now and have used the knowledge of the people here on many occasions. I am not one to chime in on something just to placate people’s feelings. This will sound false but I had posted tooling before and this vice now hoping to make a couple dollars but also so the items don’t go to waste in my garage. The vise literally was never used and has also been collecting dust which is a shame because it’s a useful item in a lot of situations. As for the price. The thing cost like $2000 and I have no idea what is a good price for it so I was open to suggestions as I just wanted to get it out of my garage. I have sold something’s on eBay but there are too many people trying to get something for nothing on there. However I guess eBay it is. Thank u for ur comment. Wish I would have added some useless or sarcastic comments on the threads that I have read in the past. Then everything would have been fine I guess. Insightful comments like “I'm curious as to how the word "new" applies to what is shown in the pictures?” Or “Nothing, that is the problem.” Not totally sure how that helps but I am sure there is a solid reason behind it. So again apologies and I hope there isn’t any lasting trauma to anyone in the forum because of my reckless and thoughtless post.

If you had posted it at a really low price there would have been no complaining from the know it alls, asking for offers is not the way to go here
What would a really low price be in your opinion bob? I am only asking for when I post it on eBay. Is $400 too much in your opinion? Also does this count as a contribution to the site. Or do I have to comment on other people’s threads for it to count?

When mebfab asked iif you read the rules,
You asked what you did. to which I replied Nothing. Meaning that you did not participate, and that was the problem. Other posts went into that in more detail starting with mebfab saying you did not participate end eketz explaining again in more detail

When mebfab asked iif you read the rules,
You asked what you did. to which I replied Nothing. Meaning that you did not participate, and that was the problem. Other posts went into that in more detail starting with mebfab saying you did not participate end eketz explaining again in more detail
I got it. I went back and read the rules. I didn’t participate as per the rules. I have been using this site for a long time as some of these guys are amazing to me how knowledgeable and descriptive they are and I guess looking back I probably should have added a thank you to there post but I can’t imagine those guys are coming back to look at the comments and I definitely am not going to be a cynical smart ass just for the participation points. However those are the rules and I clearly did not follow #5. I also didn’t have the price so I was wrong there also.

Sorry that the OP is having a rough time of it here, but maybe if he would have taken the time or effort to improve the lighting or wipe the vise off or I don't know... make the vise even sort of look like it's new? In this day of ebay and the www, a person leans more on what they see then what someone says is so. As the saying goes... "Seeing is believing." Maybe a note as to where the movable jaws are on a new and never used vise? A picture of the vise bottom never hurts either.

Here is a 3 year old vise that's been used plenty. Not daily but plenty. I gave it a 20 second wipe down before the pics were taken. I would never advertise it as new but... The pictures need no words as they speak to my point all by themselves. I have some much older vises that could compete with what is in the OP's pictures. (the last pic vise is from whenever the D688 came out)

OP... Try taking the pics with better lighting and don't use flash. That might help. Try wiping it off first. :-)

Attachments

• kurt bottom.jpg
    kurt bottom.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 23
  • kurt front.jpg
    kurt front.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 23
  • kurt rear.jpg
    kurt rear.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 25
  • old kurt.jpg
    old kurt.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
If you need help with pricing, a good thing to do is to look at eBay's "sold" prices, which you can do under their advanced search.
I actually did check there and I honestly thought they were looking for too much. Some they had over $1000 and those had been used. I didn’t realize that people sold things on here till a couple months ago. Which is when I posted about tooling I wanted to get rid of. I had tried eBay and had two out of 10 sales tell me they didn’t receive the item. Which I guess is possible although I have never ordered something and had such a situation happen to me. Saying they got the envelope but that it was empty. 🤔From the threads I have read on here my impression was these people are hard working Americans such as myself and maybe less inclined to get over on me in the transaction. This is America in the era of trump though!

Sorry that the OP is having a rough time of it here, but maybe if he would have taken the time or effort to improve the lighting or wipe the vise off or I don't know... make the vise even sort of look like it's new? In this day of ebay and the www, a person leans more on what they see then what someone says is so. As the saying goes... "Seeing is believing." Maybe a note as to where the movable jaws are on a new and never used vise? A picture of the vise bottom never hurts either.

Here is a 3 year old vise that's been used plenty. Not daily but plenty. I gave it a 20 second wipe down before the pics were taken. I would never advertise it as new but... The pictures need no words as they speak to my point all by themselves. I have some much older vises that could compete with what is in the OP's pictures. (the last pic vise is from whenever the D688 came out)

OP... Try taking the pics with better lighting and don't use flash. That might help. Try wiping it off first. :-)
Thank you. I didn’t put much effort into it. It was actually a thought I had getting in my car to go to work one day. So I took a couple pics in my garage thinking “what the hell” not realizing it would turn into anything more than someone saying “hey I could use that. It looks used though I’ll give u full price for it because you took such nice pics😀.” Or something along those lines. I will message the man in charge here and see if that would be a problem reposting and I will use yours and others advice.
Those are some nice pics you took!👍

I actually did check there and I honestly thought they were looking for too much. Some they had over $1000 and those had been used. I didn’t realize that people sold things on here till a couple months ago. Which is when I posted about tooling I wanted to get rid of. I had tried eBay and had two out of 10 sales tell me they didn’t receive the item. Which I guess is possible although I have never ordered something and had such a situation happen to me. Saying they got the envelope but that it was empty. 🤔From the threads I have read on here my impression was these people are hard working Americans such as myself and maybe less inclined to get over on me in the transaction. This is America in the era of trump though!
Dude, you are clueless arent you. Did you look at SOLD prices on ebay, that is the only thing that matters, there are plenty of other idiots that ask the moon for garbage, but that does not make their crap valuable.
We all, including you, have been living in BIDENS America for a lot of years now ;)
And you already know the rules for posting sale items.... participation.

Last edited:
Dude, you are clueless arent you. Did you look at SOLD prices on ebay, that is the only thing that matters, there are plenty of other idiots that ask the moon for garbage, but that does not make their crap valuable.
We all, including you, have been living in BIDENS America for a lot of years now ;)
And you already know the rules for posting sale items.... participation.
Thank u for ur response.

Back