What's new
F
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• In another thread, you said that you have a serial number book for Sebastian lathes. Would you happen to have any information about "Machine No. 103973 H". It has the anchor, so I do know that it was a Navy machine.
    F
    Froneck
    1942 SN starts with 103153, 1942 SN starts with 104113 so your machine is a late model 1942 machine
    Hi: I did receive your message but later when I wanted to respond, I couldn't find it. I'm not sure how these messages work.
    To be honest I don't know what needs to be done! I did take my P&W apart, purchased all the bearing needed and the cover painted. I've been so busy that's as far as I got so I'll be in the same boat as you soon! I'll try to assemble it this weekend as I do want to get this late working and the reason for my putting if off is because I have 4 other running lathes. I do have the manual, both operating and parts manuals, I will look to see if these is something in the manuals that will help.
    My e-mail address is [email protected] might be better if you message me there since I probably not know how to find you again.

Frank
    I had sent a message about Pratt and Whitney model C Lathe apron cover. Please respond if you are getting my messages.
    Thanks.
    I have checked with you before on info for assembling the apron on the Pratt and Whitney model C Lathe. What is the procedure or trick to getting the thread/feed interlock rod assembly attached to the cover back together? The only way I can figure is that it would have to go back assembled to the cover and somehow manipulating the feed clutch to allow the rod to fit with half nuts disengaged of course.
    Thanks again.
    Hi Frank,

I may take you up on machining the valve guides I need. I've attached a few drawings of what I need turned. If this is something you would like to do can you provide me with a price for a quantity of 20 with material I will provide. Also, what is the possibility of turning one out of aluminum or some other material you have available so I can verify the fit.

If you provide me with your email address I will send you a few drawings of what's needed.

Thanks,

Andrew Bland
    503-707-4245
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back