What's new
S

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Really, other than trying the factory you are kind of stuck with ebay, or build/ modify one.
    I built a follow rest for the one I had.
    Great lathes! Should never have sold mine��
    Hello there. I picked up a Standard Modern 1530 from the local college. Unfortunately over the years, the steady rest has gone missing. I have searched around, but parts for S-M lathes seem scarce for some reason. You wouldn't have any thoughts on where I might find one?
    Scotty
    there are a couple of places where the quill can get stuck;
    1) feed rate sclector should be in a neutral position
    2) power feed selector on l/h side of mill head should be in the out position,
    3) the feed clutch should be disengaged.

AND...
    seeing you took the auto feed speed selector rod out , you may have to open the cover on the back of the head and clean out a couple of handfull of grease and get the little gears on the shaft realigned so that you can push the rod back in.
    do you have a manual?
    if not I'll send you a link to on online.
    Peter
    Hi I saw your response to a post about rebuilding the head on your mill. My 860 I believe has the same head and quill is stuck so I opened up the auto feed speed selector and found a shaft in there. It slides freely back and forth but when I removed it from the head I found a moon shaped spring on the metal attached to selector Rod. Now I can’t get it to go back in all the way and was wondering if you had problems with this during assembly. Also any ideas where else I should check for a stuck quill. It doesn’t work with handle or power feed.

Thank you

Scotty
    Hi nice king tool what are the level vial model number, and when you made your king may I purchase a set of drawings from you if possible that wouls be a great help.

Thanks Mike
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back