What's new
What's new

10EE C16J tubes

kpuma72

Plastic
does anyone still have any c16j tubes they are willing to sell and or a spare module. thanks

Thanks for the replies. I may switch to the solid state if I cant find any tubes for reasonable price. I just like keeping things original if I can. I still would like to know how to test them if anyone knows that info.

Unless you're like me and just like the tubes for the "cool" factor, switching to Scissio is really the way to go. I have a set of the Scissio units for backup, but still run the tubes for fun. One thing though, my tubes (maybe not everyone else's) require a good 15mins or so to get fully warmed up. They will act kinda funky, especially if it's cold in the shop, etc. but once warmed, they are flawless.

I like the cool factor though I have not got the lathe running yet. My lathe had the 400/500 volt t6-t7 transformers so I added a 500va control transformer and now have 2.66 volts output to the t6-t7 filament transformers for the c16j tubes but it's still not running. So I still have research to do dont know if it's bad tubes or something else just have to get back to troubleshooting as time allows.

I ordered the Scissio controls replacements. Hopefully that will get me running and then I can have my tubes tested or wait for some reasonable price tubes to pop up, not doing $1200 each. I like the cool factor but not to that amount.

Just a thought. When you applied power, did the CJ16's light up at all? If it is like the WIAD, you turn on the power, the tube heater elements come on. nice orange glow. Then when you push the lighted green button, you should hear a click/lock, and the tubes inside should light up a pretty bright blue. Are they doing this or totally dead?

They were totally dead. I put in the scisso replacements in today and it works perfect now. I had to order the heater for pc contactor it trips under a load. It still had the 480 volt heater in it

Back