What's new
What's new

1942 monarch 10ee round dial for sale!

GillespieFarms

Plastic
Recently acquired a 1942 10ee round dial 3ph MG. Upon getting it home and inspecting it’s just to much of a project me me being a first time lathe owner. I need a lathe I can just fire up and make chips on and learn before I take on a project like this. THE BAD …. Bed has about 5.5 thou drop in wear across bed and saddle is worn on operators side about 13 thou on headstock end and 3 thou on tailstock end. Far side of the saddle in much better condition. Cross slide is missing feed screw bearing/bushing holder for far side of saddle(not sure if it had taper attachment at one time or what the deal is there). Could use new cross slide and compound nuts but they work as is. Exciter is gone and someone has made a crude field weakening setup to compensate for lack of exciter.
THE GOOD …. The 3hp DC motor has had a recent rebuild (looks really good). Brushes on MG look good and speed control pot is nice and clean not all oil soaked like some are. Comes with cushman 3 jaw that appears to be in exceptional condition.
All doors and panels are accounted for. All feed levers and controls seem to function properly. It’s 90% complete and I’m sure the right buyer can have it up and going with ease but right now I just want a lathe a can hit a button and start learning on. I’ve got $1500 in it and that’s what I’m asking for it. Located in central Kansas. Feel free to contact me on here with any questions or concerns and I’ll try and answer them swiftly and accurately as I can!
82FA5BCB-CA7B-4F52-B0A1-731EB9F095E2.jpeg15EE931A-5E3E-43E4-AAB0-4A63A789522B.jpeg752AB06D-17D2-4C24-B5A6-D6F28229F81D.jpeg

I'll give you 500$ Plus shipping for the top spindle head stock cover. The one over the pulleys :)
If you were closer I'd just buy the machine. ...in Reno, NV

I’ll keep you in mind but I’ll need need more ppl to come forward wanting parts before I start parting it out. As much of a project as this thing is I’d like to think it’s still savable to the right person. I’m only asking what I have in it $1500. I’d like to see it saved!

Before you part it out, I think I'd probably take it. But the trip is a little bit of a deterrent. Be better if someone closer got thier mits on it.

I'll pm you about it.

Not bad.. One of those, If I had room. I personally drove about 900 miles round trip for my 10EE & this past weekend drove 700 miles round trip to get 2 milling machines.

Just dont let distance keep you from it.

This lathe is still available, and would be quite worthwhile project. Dated 10/1942, no doubt has an interesting story as well.

Its parked in the middle of Kansas, and the owner needs his cost back out of it at $1500.

Is that seial 16309? If it is then I'm pleased because it nails down my 16353 machine's manufacture date pretty closely. Mine does not have that tag.

Anyone interested in that 10EE and worried about distance. There's a site online that you can google for transport bids. These truck companies want their trucks full when they're on the road and will pick up whatever extra they can get along the routes. Kansas is nice as there's lots of truck traffic through there so a good deal may be had. Just an example. I had my 10EE moved from Illinois to Florida $250 A mill for our shop, Vermont to Florida $525 Most recently we added a larger 18X54 to the shop California to Florida $850. Just need to get the dimensions, weight and locations in. Sometimes you'll have to ensure that it can be loaded and unloaded at each end. Just my 2c

Talking with the op on this, and having that date of 10/1942 I was curious if it had any War Production tags or the like, and in one of his pics we can see a tag on bed on the tailstock end.

He cleaned the paint off the tag and sent me a pic:
252.JPG

Boeing Airplane Company, and USAF stamped into it. This machine could have quite the history and an interesting story. It'd be real interesting if the build sheet is available and what it has on it.

The build sheet lists serial numbers 16296 to 16300, and being shipped to Remington Rand. Not sure if the customer ordered 5 machines, or not, or actually received them. Maybe some got diverted to priorities ? I'm not entirely sure since the machine has a Boeing tag with USAF on it. But here's the copy from Monarch:

253.JPG

And the lower half of the page:

254.JPG

According to wikipedia, Remington Rand was the #1 manufacture of 1911 45acp pistols during the period this machine was built:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remington_Rand

255.JPG

Cal, I'll email you a pdf copy of build sheet for the archive.

Hi,

Is this still available? I have a Dec 1941 round dial that I'm rebuilding from a much worse state and would like to have an example lathe that I could measure and duplicate parts off of... possibly could copy the stuff the rebuild has that this one doesn't, kind of like the blind leading the blind. I'm in San Diego so I'd have the same logistics issues as many on this post but probably willing to work through them.

Sincerely,
Aaron
[email protected]

Hi,

Is this still available? I have a Dec 1941 round dial that I'm rebuilding from a much worse state and would like to have an example lathe that I could measure and duplicate parts off of... possibly could copy the stuff the rebuild has that this one doesn't, kind of like the blind leading the blind. I'm in San Diego so I'd have the same logistics issues as many on this post but probably willing to work through them.

Sincerely,
Aaron
[email protected]
Yes lathe is still available.

Back