What's new
What's new

1995 Amada Ha250w issue in automatic mode

zschary

Aluminum
Odd issue with the saw.. came in today and it goes into auto mode as normal, but instead of stopping at the top of the work on the return up after the cut, it keeps running all the way up to the upper limit with blade moving until i turn off..
i checked the quick advance bar and manually actuated it and seems to be working, i think.. that controls when it advanced the material.. So no advance of material and saw stops at top limit while running..
let me know if anyone has an idea.. thank you

Dont think there is an encoder, and the bar hits the material to make it enter into its feed speed movement.. and i am sure the bar that hits the material before the blade alerts the brain when it is not touching the material to actuate vises and feed..
what years had a cable encoder?
the manual does not go into trouble shooting of this i dont believe..

It sounds like an issue with the quick approach. When you start the blade with the head at the upper limit, does it come down fast until the quick approach bar touches the material or does it go all the way at the cutting feedrate. If the latter, then the quick approach limit switch is stuck in the closed position.

no that works.. comes down fast and then feeds slow at material.. i ordered another switch but am still not sure..
does seem like it might be the quick approach switch.. any other possibilities.?. Odd that it stops at top limit and just runs

Does you saw have a PLC or just relay based? I have the electrical schematic for mine, but it is a little newer and PLC based.

If you have the PLC model, DM me your email and I will send it to you.

Joe, its a 1995.. I imagine its relay based.. Not sure.. I guess the big question is if the switch (part on the way) does not fix it, what would tell the machine not to feed.. ? whats next in line ?
I want to understand how these older machines operate, seems like a series of switches and relays.. Wonder if i should replace the switches on it for reliability going forward, or just fix this and leave it.. Any ideas, these are pretty common saws.. thank you

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 15
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 15
I have the same saw. It’s all relay logic. The good thing is they are very simple and reliable old school. The bad news is you need to get on your hands and knees with a meter and the schematic and trouble shoot. I don’t have enough experience with the control to be able to troubleshoot across the internet. Do you have a schematic? Someone who can follow the schematic needs to sit down with it and troubleshoot.

Last edited:
Pete thanks.. Looked up the schematic.. i think a third way down its something in there.. there are a few things i cant read as far as symbols but i can see the quick approach there and a bunch of things have to all work to get the auto function.. Are the numbers on the right wire numbers?
anyway thanks..

Attachments

• HA251TW(9X) Ele&Hyd Circuit.jpg
    HA251TW(9X) Ele&Hyd Circuit.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 20
That schematic is a little different than my schematic. It looks functionally the same but Mine is a little easier to follow. I suspect the numbers to the right on yours are wire numbers. Mine doesn't have those but has the wire numbers by each wire. PM me your email address and I will scan my electrical/hydraulic schematic section. It has an electrical parts list too which is helpful.

Thats a big help thanks.. In this case the quick feed bar switch was the issue in the control box, its running. I will send you my email Pete, i would like to have that version as well, might make it easier going forward.. Thanks all for the help on this one

Stopping again !.. so i guess something else going on.. Replaced the quick approach bar switch, .. What are some of the common issues if anyone knows keeping this out of automatic mode? And Pete if you have that schematic send it over if you can , maybe i can follow that too.... Thank you
Zach

The switches get clogged with coolant eventually. To test take the switch apart and use a jumper on it. Depending how they are wired NO/NC you may have ti remove a wire for testing. But recommend just buying a new switch

I figured this out.. with some help from SHARC industries..(great customer service and knowledge base) It was the relay timers in the control cabinet.. Those devices are new to me , but once i got those in there and set, thing runs great again.. Thanks all Appreciate the help..

you guys know if i can adjust the rear vise pressure? sometimes it loses grip on a heavy bar..
thanks for all the help

Im basically having the same issue it seems. I can do everything fine in manual. When I run it in auto, it will make the first cut, feed forward as its supposed but then it seems to forget what to do. Head is up, blade running, but it wont clamp the front vice and then proceed with its next cut. i spoke to an engineer at amada this morning. he also suggested its possibly the timers. i swapped them around to see if i got a different result but i did not. timers seem to get power and have the red "up" signal than running.

I attached the HA250W schematic / electric diagram Amada sent to me

Attachments

• HA250W(HA251TW)-E01-199510 .pdf
    6.8 MB · Views: 8

Back