What's new
What's new

1997 Cincinati milicron magnum 800-acramatic 950 control (alarming out 17380,2061)

Jgryz450

Cast Iron
Hey everyone thanks for taking the time to read this. I Try'd everything i can think of to solve my issue with this machine for a few years now. what its doing is randomly shutting down the drives and hydraulic pump with the alarm 17380 and 2061. 17380 is not always part of the alarms (17380=servo power overtemp) but usually comes along with the 2061 alarm (2062= axis current exceeded). problem is it just doesn't call out a certain axis each time it alarms out? although it does like to favor (Y) the most. it will alarm out with the 2061 (X,Y,Z,P) current limit exceeded,,,sometimes it will have 3 2061 alarms all calling out different axis (P is for the tool changer, or pallet charasel? not sure. i made sure all the fans in the cabinet are working, made sure the cabinet air conditioning is working, even added fans to blow air thru the axis drives. the boards are actually really clean so oil and dust aren't an issue. ironically Tho if I keep the doors open to the cabinet it doesn't do it near as much, but it still does it occasionally. There is one thing I found last week,, at a low rpm say 175 the spindle torque starts jumping up and down and the slower it goes the worst it gets until I hit min rpm witch is 10 and it shuts off the machine with a 11514 (APCI #1 RACK FAIL RACK 1) and 2066 (ACP BRD 1 CORE ERROR 12) and right before it shuts off the torque ocsolates up to over 1000 I like say 600 it all goes away-----zero issues,,,stays perfectly smooth. i wanted to add this machine is a beast, 60 max hp 6500rpm 50cat and i do love it (because of its tracking ability) even tho it is the "problem child" because something is always wronge with it...haha. Ijust installed new Y axis top n bottom rollups, ordered a new rear way cover set because the way its built it all just goes to hell over time. its been leaking coolant on the floor since day 1 in 1997 lol. even with this machine having its issues it still cant really be replaced with all the stuff its capible of doing, and i love the control. so back to the point i would really like to run it with the doors closed because customers dont wanna see that stuff and it wont get full of crap. i wish whatevers wronge would just fail allready,,its been years, and the fact it will just go down just sitting there doing nothing throws out a cable or axis motor and the torque shows zero when the spindles not running yet it will just randomly drop out. well if anyone has a better idea then adding a 110v fan and window mount ac unit from walmart let me know,,haha!

Sounds like wiring. After years of moving around wires get worn through, connectors get corroded and crappy, strands of wire break so you have half the ampacity as you should, all kinds of bad stuff.

Not fun to fix, either.

Well it comes right back on after clearing the alarm and restarting the hydraulic pump and axis drives. Although sometimes it will growl in whatever axis your moving to realign the machine. But it can sit and not move all day and do it whenever like after lunch? It's a pain because it comes right back to life and runs again? I was thinking maybe since the doors are open and it's normally fine verses closed and by 9 it will start faulting every 20min unless the cabinets open that a board is getting hot but I took a laser temp gun and everything I could touch or shoot wasn't hot? I checked the power, the drives are getting 600 volts DC like they should. The incoming power seems good. We figured that if it was a cable or servo motor or drive that it would always alarm with that servo or drive or act up at a certain spot on the slides but it doesn't. It's totally random witch makes this incredibly a P.I.A!!! Haha

Back