What's new
What's new

2007 Mini Mill requires new way covers to replace wipers?

JSL_MFG

Aluminum
I've got a 2007 Haas Mini Mill, and the wipers are shot. Called my HFO and they said they couldn't find a PN for the wipers, and the only way to replace the wipers is to order new way covers. That would cost 1300 bucks... which is ridiculous. Pulled the way covers off to check, and the wipers aren't like any of the other Haas way covers or wipers. They're under a tab that basically crimps the wiper to the cover. Tried to bend the tab up to see if the wiper would come out, but it won't budge.

I checked the Haas online parts website, and they don't show wipers for the Y-axis at all. I used my SN and everything, but no Y-axis wipers.

Has anybody replaced these without new covers?

I would seriously considering 3d printing new wipers out of TPU. Either get the old ones out or design a new housing to hold your printed ones in. I've had TPU wipers outdoors for a number of years and they still seal as well as when they were first made.

I've replaced that kind before. Our HFO (Allendale) sold it to us on a roll and we cut it to size for each wiper.
I'm not at that job anymore so I can't look up the p/n but they had it several years ago.

This company is one option I have used before, you can't just order for a "2007 HAAS Minimill". However with a bit of measuring, sketch and some photos these guys are very helpful.

Back