What's new
What's new

2013 Supertec Planotec 2040NC surface grinder won't boot. Low battery error

markp

Hot Rolled
Ive got a 2013 Supertec Planotec 2040NC surface grinder. Had it for a few years and never a problem. Went to use it today after it sat a few weeks and got this error below. "Low battery". It displays the Supertec splash screen but no grinding info. Anyone know where the battery is or what type? Shihlin AX2n-32MR-ES PLC. Put an email into Supertec but no response yet. I assume Im screwed, but any help appreciated. I only have the user manual for this machine. No mention of any battery of course.

Attachments

• superteccontrol.jpg
    superteccontrol.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 3
  • superteccontrol3.jpg
    superteccontrol3.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 3
  • superteccontrol4.jpg
    superteccontrol4.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I found the manual for the delta HMI and it says:
  • Turn the power off before changing backup battery and check system settings after finishing change.
    (all data will be cleared after changing battery)

So of course: I powered the machine up, swapped the 2032 battery out while powered on with a new one and its back working as before!! Don't believe everything you read on the internet, including the manufacturers own PDF manuals!

Attachments

• fixed!.jpg
    fixed!.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 2
Lucky! Glad it worked out for you. I was going to suggest checking for a battery on a circuit board somewhere after reading your first post, but it seems you've solved it in the subsequent posts. Not every item I've replaced a mem battery in had that kind of luck. For some you have to re-enter a bunch of parameters.

Back