What's new
What's new

2021 HAAS TM-1P Build Date of 11/21 Cast Feet Removal

PeteyB655

Plastic
Hello, I am taking delivery of the subject TM-1P in the next week. (I know, why am waiting until now to ask?) My HFO has stated that the cast feet can be removed to lower the height of the machine. There seems to be some disagreement between the HFO in the region where this machine is currently located and my local servicing HFO. One says cast feet are removable, the other says they are not removeable. Can someone out there with this machine in this model year confirm the cast feet are indeed removeable? Are they bolted or just dovetailed? If bolted, could I trouble someone to let me know if the bolt heads are of a manageable size or will I need an usually large socket to remove? The machine is moving into a laboratory so my socket sets are limited in size. If they are dovetailed, do you just tap them off of the bolumn? Any info is appreciated. I need to remove these cast feet in order to move the machine into our facility. Communications with the seller have been slow and frustrating otherwise I would have asked them to confirm.

The open '07 TM-1 at the high school has cast crossmembers below the main body that hold the feet. The crossmembers are held on with socket head cap screws from below. You'd have to jack the machine up to get wrench access. Taking off the crossmembers would buy you about 9" headroom.

Thanks for the info! That makes sense to me vs a dovetail arrangement or a non removeable arrangement. Hopefully the newer models use a similar setup with practical fasteners and not something requiring a special tool. Be well!

Back