What's new
What's new

<3/4" tube beading machine options?

Garwood

Diamond
Working on something where I will likely need to put a hose retention bead on 1/2", 5/8" and 3/4" 304 and mild steel tubes.

These are for products that may require hundreds a month to start. Past 500/mo I'd probably farm this out to a formed tube supplier.

What are my options for forming beads on small tubes? Are there any options that allow the tube to stay stationary (not rotate)?

I don't know, but wall thickness will be sure to play a role in what machine or tool will/won't work.

I remember there was a discussion here about this very subject around 2 or 3 years ago. Can't remember the thread title.

Edit: search turned it up. All of you nonsense title numpties: see why it's important that thread titles are relevant?

You’ll need to find a tool similar to the hydraulic brake line flaring tool. A forced compression die type. I’m sure there is something g out there but I haven’t a clue where. Maybe a place that does AC lines would know the name and type machine.

I remember there was a discussion here about this very subject around 2 or 3 years ago. Can't remember the thread title.

Edit: search turned it up. All of you nonsense title numpties: see why it's important that thread titles are relevant?

That's a type of bubble flare, different from a hose retention bead.

Found what I was looking for here though- https://www.grahamtool.com/tube-beading-tools

Now then, I want to make sure no one confuses beading a tube with beading a horse. It's one of those things that once you've done it once, you'll never do it again.

Working on something where I will likely need to put a hose retention bead on 1/2", 5/8" and 3/4" 304 and mild steel tubes.

These are for products that may require hundreds a month to start. Past 500/mo I'd probably farm this out to a formed tube supplier.

What are my options for forming beads on small tubes? Are there any options that allow the tube to stay stationary (not rotate)?
Send me a drawing, and I'll send you a machine.
Thanks!
Mark
The Deluxe Models have coffee makers and stereos'
Oh, and that one, built upon a Kegerator..
But, that was mine.

Last edited:

Back