What's new
What's new

300 volt heater cable used where

LOL! More projecting is that? Still fails.

Someone DID remark that you exhibited Narcissism.

Seems so.
Shugart 1004 hard disk, belt drive, disk needs to turn x rpm, external synchronous motor on 50 hz is not correct speed, 50 hz needs different pulley and belt kit from 60hz. Simple.

2015011920325454bd5be700a08.jpg

What we were always told when the heroine fell in the quicksand was, "quit squirming !" but in your case, keep it up, bunky ! fun to watch !

Here's what they look like inside :

343513d1628984592t-anyone-here-old-enough-have-worked-hard-drive-2021_08_13_img_1514.jpg

You could even reface the disk after a crash :) but the data was all gone, of course.

I'd love to stay and watch Mr Squirmy here but time for bed. As a parting gift, here's the manual

https://deramp.com/downloads/mfe_ar...rive/shugart SA1000 10MB Winchester drive.pdf

Mickey-Mouse piece of shite.

Not used by professionals even on a bad-hair day.
Squirm, baby, squirm !

shugart manual section 1.3.2 page 9 said:
The ac drive motor rotates the spindle at 3125 ± 3% rpm through a belt-drive system. Either 50 or 60 Hz power is accommodated by changing the drive pulley and belt.
Possibly you might like to serch "Alan Shugart" before you throw more impotent spitballs. Or we could divert to your ridiculous claim that K&T was junk.

You are so pitiful :D

Really have to go to sleep now, maybe can drop more breadcrumbs on your trail of self-exposure tomorrow. Toodles :D

I've MET Alan Shugart, you pretentious fool.
That is so cool ! Did he shake your hand and everything ? Did you get to bask in his reflected glory ? I can totally relate, cuz one day was picking up first princess at Plaza 66 after yoga, and LV was having some kind of promotion at the other end of the building, down by the Hermes store. They had maybe Ding yu xi and Li ying ying ? It was awesome ! what with all the photographers and fans screaming, all we could really see was the back of his head and maybe a bit of an ear, but still so exciting ! And her dress, it was either green or maybe blue, but I was so overwhelmed, almost wet my pants. Good thing the boys bathroom is nearby, right past the Tom Ford store ...

Rejected his 8" floppy drive whilst it was - maybe - still an IBM prototype. He'd have been around 40 at the time. I was 24 ...
Oh man ! You were giving orders at IBM, too ? At 24 ? During the Akers years ! I am really impressed by your responsible attitude. Most people would never mention they were part of the management team that destroyed one of the most admired, respected names in all of American business with their ignorant, braindead decisions. Flushed it right down the toilet you did, and now taking credit for that. Takes a real man to admit how stupid and incompetent he is.

Now as to your usual looter-class twisty-lie...

K&T Iron was not what I criticized. It was about as good as such things get.

They seem to have picked a bad hard drive?
Not as far as I know. The hard drive was fine, one of the least troublous parts of the control. In fact, never had a minute's worth of difficulty from them, in four KT machining centers. Only had to change the pulley when they went to 50hz electricity, other than that not a speck of trouble ... and long before anyone else had a hard drive of any sort in their machine tools.

Plus the interface from those is what went on to become scsi, so maybe you might consider less bluster in your next diatribe ... but most likely not. Good entertainment if nothing else ...

Back