What's new
What's new

4th Axis Probing Macro Issues

MTP27

Plastic
I am attempting to probe my 5th axis trunnion vise to find the center of rotation. I am having some issues with the macro outputs and was hoping for some help.

When I use P9817 it probes where I want and the work coordinate is updated, but if I run my probing a second time I do not get the same outputs

I tried to use P9843 and before probing the vise I get error 1092, Probe Open

Any advice would be appreciated, Thank you

I am attempting to probe my 5th axis trunnion vise to find the center of rotation. I am having some issues with the macro outputs and was hoping for some help.

When I use P9817 it probes where I want and the work coordinate is updated, but if I run my probing a second time I do not get the same outputs

I tried to use P9843 and before probing the vise I get error 1092, Probe Open

Any advice would be appreciated, Thank you
The probe open alarm is it is looking for surface to contact and is not finding it within the distance as defined in your probe parameters. Say you are probing a bore and set your probe routine to bore 5 inches and the bore is oversized by an inch . it will run out of traveI before hitting the wall and throw the probe open alarm. I believe it is Q to change the amount it will travel past the bore size you define in your probe routine. if a q is not defined it is about 10mm by default.

The probe open alarm is it is looking for surface to contact and is not finding it within the distance as defined in your probe parameters. Say you are probing a bore and set your probe routine to bore 5 inches and the bore is oversized by an inch . it will run out of traveI before hitting the wall and throw the probe open alarm. I believe it is Q to change the amount it will travel past the bore size you define in your probe routine. if a q is not defined it is about 10mm by default.
it looks like I misunderstood the diagram for the P9843 angle measurement, and I am still having inconsistences when rerunning the program

Inconsistent how?

Post your code. Tell us some example numbers.

I have an older copy of inspection+ and I am wondering if the following is the issue:

NOTE: Different machines and application may require the 4th axis system
variable number to be changed. It will be achieved by editing macro O9817 when
the macro is installed to suit your machine.
Edit as follows:
#3 = 4 (4th axis number) change axis number as required (see the Fanuc macro
section for axis numbers)

Axis direction change
Edit as follows:
#4 = 1(1 = clockwise, and -1 = counter-clockwise) change as required.

If you probe with 9817, find that it's off half a degree, update a work offset with the 1/2 degree, then probe again and find it out a whole degree, I'd assume it was adjusting the wrong direction.

But you're not giving enough information.

1712850233027.png

I have a known number for my B axis at -10.606 which I have found with an indicator.
After running this code, my B axis will update to -10.614, then a second time it goes to -10.636, then -10.654. The more times that I run this code, the more my numbers move away from what it should be

If this is for probing and adjusting the center of rotation, I would like this to work every time without editing. If sometimes it needs to move positive, and other times negative I feel that editing each time almost defeats the purpose.

If this is for probing and adjusting the center of rotation, I would like this to work every time without editing. If sometimes it needs to move positive, and other times negative I feel that editing each time almost defeats the purpose.
To be able to accurately trouble shoot an issue you have to first identify the root cause. Once that is done you can look for a solution instead of a bandaide.

That variable is to change the direction of angle adjustment. Renishaw doesn’t know which direction on every machine is positive rotation. That switch will change the output. Sounds like you need to change #4 = 1 to #4 = -1

Back