What's new
What's new

5-Axis CNC Routing Services

adprecast

Plastic
Good morning-

I'm looking for someone to run some large foam (EPS) parts that will need a 5-axis CNC router. Will need a 5x10 (or at least 4x8) table and the more z travel the better, but the parts could be made in multiple pieces and assembled. I'm in the southeast, but basically anything East of the Mississippi (or not too far west of the Mississippi) is worth my time.

This may not be the best site or forum for this specific machine work, but I have no idea how else to go about finding shops with these machines. I've tried several other avenues, but pretty much nothing has panned out in that regard, so I'm trying to explore any option possible right now.

If anyone has one of these machines or know someone who does and can point me in the right direction I would much appreciate it!

i have the perfect machine for this, but unfortunately cannot take in outside work :( good luck!

You could do it inside. I would actually probably prefer that.

How exactly is your machine making money if you don't contract for any work?

we make our own stuff, not a job shop.
Oh I gotcha. I'm not too familiar with all the uses of these machines, I guess. Most of what I've seen has been the job shop niche fairly solidly.

Doesn't seem to be many products on the shelves in the sizes I'm looking for!

You could do it inside. I would actually probably prefer that.

How exactly is your machine making money if you don't contract for any work?

My man!

First day out in a new site and already cutt'n it up! :cloud9:

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Check with fiberglass boat builders, as well as smaller aircraft companies. Those are the sorts of industries likely to have that type of foam cutters.

I'll have to run this down. I know there are more than a few in my area, but I'm not aware of any having ever advertised this capability for customers.

Someone else asked about files and I have everything needed except for the programming, which I assume someone else wouldn't let me do for their machine anyway. I didn't want to post them online since they're technically not my IP. the parts are large, but nothing particularly intricate or difficult, and nothing difficult for tolerances either since we're going to be doing days worth of post processing on these ourselves. They just require the 5-axis capabilities because there are sweeps/curves in multiple planes (freeform type design).

Back