What's new
What's new

"75 Jahre Deckel" anniversary brochure

Martin P

Titanium
Quite a few years ago I wrote a post on the book published by Deckel on occasion of their 50th anniversary (1953). Milling machines were not its key feature back then.
I knew a book for the 75th anniversary existed, but never saw one.
Now I can say: I DOES EXIST!!

I was travelling up north and stopped by Peter Veltman. Since he does not deal in CNC machines and has no interest in them, he gifted me with a large stack of CNC literature and I just love literature. Mixed in with this we found a folder I was also allowed to take.
This folder is like a binder with all the documents sent to a Deckel training class participant who was about to take a class in Munich.
The folder has a sticker on it stating the type of class (LW48), the machine type (KF2S), name of participant, name of company, training language.
Inside the folder is
- a brochure of the Deckel product range (dated 1982)
- a small Munich tourist brochure with inner city map (dated 10.80)
- a welcome letter from Deckel
- the 75 years of Deckel brochure
- missing is the nametag that was supposed to be included and was supposed to be worn during class
- a bochure for the machine the class covered (dated 7.82)
- a welcome guide to Munich with public transport plan (dated Nov 82)
- writing paper

to be continued

Last edited:
Quite a few years ago I wrote a post on the book published by Deckel on occasion of their 50th anniversary (1953). Milling machines were not its key feature back then.

I was travelling up north and stopped by Peter Veltman. Since he does not deal in CNC machines and has no interest in them, he gifted me with a large stack of CNC literature and I just love literature. Mixed in with this we found a folder I was also allowed to take.
This folder is like a binder with all the documents sent to a Deckel training class participant who was about to take a class in Munich.
The folder has a sticker on it stating the type of class (LW48), the machine type (KF2S), name of participant, name of company, training language.
Inside the folder is
- missing is the nametag that was supposed to be included and was supposed to be worn during class
- writing paper

to be continued
Hello Martin It was nice having you over
Peter

Inside the folder is
- the 75 years of Deckel brochure
- writing paper

to be continued
If I may, I must note that scanning and sharing this book would be an amazing gift to the forum!
And, since, I am sure, you won't easily find the time to do this yourself, I bet many here would like to, collectively, handle the cost of you having it professionally scanned...

BR,
Thanos

Regarding the poster:
In Germany these were given to trade schools.
Students had to make drawings of mills and lathes identifying the major components.
These posters were clarifying these and were good advertising.
It's not done anymore and I am not sure if it has gotten better or worse.

This one hung on the wall for many years in a Deckel-equipped workshop, so faded a bit.

That is really cool. If you could take an high-ish quality picture (normally requires the glass to be removed, a good camera on the stand, but these days even a smartphone probably does well enough) then it could be probably be to to 70 - 80% of the original size without too much loss of details. I know, it's a lot of work. Or it could be bought to some professional studio for the best results.
If anyone has links to posters for sale similar to this one, please post.

Last edited:
If I may, I must note that scanning and sharing this book would be an amazing gift to the forum!
And, since, I am sure, you won't easily find the time to do this yourself, I bet many here would like to, collectively, handle the cost of you having it professionally scanned...

BR,
Thanos
I think this booklet is not so super interesting, it is after all an image brochure like "look how good we are". But it does show more production pictures than are usually found in such brochures.
I want to revive my old Deckel website and might put it all there.

Back