What's new
What's new

93 Matsuura MC-600V Issue

blackwolf4278

Aluminum
Hello everyone. My apologies if this post is in the wrong section, please let me know where I should place it if so.

So I have a 1993 Matsuura MC-600V with a Yasnac MX3 control and I'm having a issue with the machine just randomly going into E-Stop and not giving any-other errors.
The issue has started about 4-5months ago, I would happen once in a while and then the more time passed the more often the machine would go into E-Stop for no reason and give me issues, today morning it started happening very often, probably 10-12 times while i was setting up a job on it.

So the scenarios when this happens is when the machine is just sitting there doing nothing or when the Z is moving down(Never saw it happen when the Z goes Up). Does not matter how you move the Z, automatically running a program or jogging, as well it seems to only happen when it goes rapid.

We had that happen. For us it was a bundle of wires had been worn from rubbing.
Depending on how 'wet' the wires were at the time, It would pull down the 24v buss and cause the issue.

I have had that happen as well, on a few MC-1000V. Luckily mine were relatively easy fixes. The first was a loose wire on the E-stop circuit. Another was a relay going bad. The last... the operator didn't clean the filter on the spindle chiller and it was clogged with dust. That being said it was a stand alone chiller vs the integrated style and so there was an alarm when I got around to the back of the machine and looked, but the machine didn't show anything other than that the E-stop circuit was triggered.

Back