What's new
What's new

A user review of the Orange Vise

Probably will. I added up all the holes and I need about 750. Maybe make a soft jaw for a drill press vise to hold them without damaging the threads. Think I can find an extra thick 1/2" bandsaw blade to make a wider slot?

I've seen a keyway broach affixed to an od holder and was programmed to make a single wipe in the x direction across the face of a threaded plug in a barpull operation before. The lathe spindle was hard to turn when in low gear and the broach would keep the part aligned unlike using a shaping type cutter.

The orange vises look very nice, wish I could justify one for a cnc knee mill.

Problems?

Hate to revive a months old thread, but I was looking at getting a couple of these for a recurring job we run on our VF-3. It looks like Sol has pulled all of their product information off their website, shut down facebook/youtube/etc. They were also going to be featured in an article for this month's Modern Machine Shop that was released early online and has since been taken down. Anybody know what is going on? It smells like lawyers. Maybe a patent issue?

I have been following Sol's new startup pretty closely and have been rooting for his success - he seems like a standup guy who was making a great product in a smart, innovative way. I am hoping this is nothing serious!

Interesting. The print version of Modern Machine shop with Sol's story in it just came out last week. Perhaps a patent holder saw the article? Hopefully he'll get it all sorted out.

My boss must have snatched my copy out of the mail... That happens sometimes. Joe, you may be on to something. I am sure that article exposed him to a much broader audience than his internet based marketing.

Sorry! False alarm!
It still don't work from my PC at the moment, but checked it with a smartphone and the link is up....
Must be server issue on my side.
Again, my apologies.

Sent them an email a week or so ago hoping to order a couple vises and haven't heard anything back which stinks... Just hoping a nice quality american made product will still be available. Hoping.

I talked with Eric last week about ordering some vises for a new machine and he said that they had temporarily suspended sales and were doing job shop work. They are working on some new products but I wonder if he got caught in a noncompete from Glacern. I have a Glacern double vise, OK but nothing to write home about.

I caught Sol on the phone and he didnt want to talk about it but said things should be ironed out in about a month. Not sure why you wouldnt get a courtesy email but perhaps the sh.. was so deep they havent shoveled out of it just yet. I would suspect that there are some issues with patents or something like that as previously suggested.

I suspect some patience will result in an explanation and resolution.

Charles

I talked with Eric last week about ordering some vises for a new machine and he said that they had temporarily suspended sales and were doing job shop work. They are working on some new products but I wonder if he got caught in a noncompete from Glacern. I have a Glacern double vise, OK but nothing to write home about.

Non compete clauses are unenforceable in California except for a couple very specific circumstances.

Non compete clauses are unenforceable in California except for a couple very specific circumstances.

As I understand, non-compete clauses are unenforceable anywhere in the US by case law. Basic reason being, the holder of the non-compete can be held liable for future financial distress. (By denying employment opportunities)

Back