What's new
What's new

about to make the jump into CNC 2 choices Lagun or KIWA

nope this one does not have the round mount on the tail for the shaper, my ft-1 has that bit on the tail.

so can you use this style lagun to copy or trace a part and then make a new one?

nope this one does not have the round mount on the tail for the shaper, my ft-1 has that bit on the tail.

so can you use this style lagun to copy or trace a part and then make a new one?
I can't remember if there is a " Teach " mode on there.
The guy from Heidenhain sent me the entire manuals and schematics for the control... hundreds of pages. And he did it right away, and for nothing.
I'd have to check to see if it is touch probe capable... I doubt it. But I could be wrong.
My Bridgeport has teach mode... you go point to point and tell it to pay attention... haven't tried it.
Both my old 90's Bridgeport and the new Hass are probe compatible. But my wallet isn't.
Well, that is on the short list. I want the wireless Renishaw tool-set and touch probe system for what ? $7,000.00 or something.
But if you go with this thing.. the conversational programming is fairly easy to get used to. And you draw your parts... right radius, 3" radius... ending either at arc degree or XY or classic ijk g-code...
Anyhow, you draw the part... run it under simulation without machine movement.
Simple, not bad.
Still, since it is your first one, you probably won't be making chips the day you get it.
It would be the very best if your connections could pull in a guy to show you the ropes.
I almost lost what is left of my mind learning this stuff, and I have a lot more to learn yet.
But I have the basics pretty well covered.

Back