What's new

Aciera lives on

• Thread starter D. Thomas
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 1,794
D

D. Thomas

Bought by Perkasa Texmaco in 1995, they manufacture the F3 mill, TD13 drill, and TB22 precision coordinate drill/mill. Wierd place for the plant...from Switzerland to Indonesia ! Only reason I know any of this is because I recently aquired two of the TD13 drills made in Indonesia. The quality seems to be top notch from what I can tell so far, run quiet and smooth, quill has a very precision feel..no side to side play whatsoever, and feels more like a small jig borer than a drill press. Only slight annoyance is that the previous owner replaced the original 2 speed motors with Baldor single speed and now the top spindle rpm is only 6,000 instead of the intended 10,000. Guess they didn't want to mess with a transformer for the orignal 380 volt motors. Perhaps a VFD would be a better solution for achieving the higher rpms anyway.

Still, one wonders if they can carry on the Swiss quality traditions on the much more complex machines like the F3 mill. Also, Aciera made a gazillion different attachments for the F3 mills, I wonder if Perkasa is producing many of the acessories. I've requested a paper brochure and pricing, so maybe I'll know more in a few weeks.

www.aciera.com/f3.html

f3_2.jpg

tb-22_1.jpg

td13_3.jpg

[This message has been edited by D. Thomas (edited 08-13-2002).]

Back