What's new
What's new

Aciera "System TR" Bregnard

Peter S

Diamond
Here is something I have never come across before. Anyone seen one of these? (From 1981 brochure)

I guess you roll the table around until the indicator light shines on (through a hole?) on the "guide drawing", this tells you that it is safe to work the "indexing lever" to engage the "programming piston" with the correct "positioning pin" in the "programme plate' ?

Aciera10200.jpg

Aciera11grey200.jpg

Very similar in design to a Thompson table, linear bearings, electromagnetic locks, a stylus and a template. I used to have one back in my knife making days.

Have come across this today

The Bregnard table is a pneumatic one, you unlock by twisting and holding the horizontal bar at the front. It can be moved freely on an air cushion, then locked by releasing the bar. Have worked with one, very practical. The machine has an air pump, when you switch the machine on you have to wait for maybe 15 seconds until pressure is high enough.

I had forgotten about this, will attach some images that can be read, hopefully.

I guess I was intrigued by the pin template system with a "Guide Drawing". It sounds like a good idea. Reading it now, it was intended for repetition work: quick, repeatable, manual repositioning.

Mechanola, perhaps the pneumatic table was another model? This one looks to use rollers on X & Y axis for easy movement.

I have other pages from this brochure if anyone is interested.

Aciera 10 detail a.jpg Aciera 10 detail b.jpg Aciera 11 detail a.jpg Aciera 11 detail b.jpg

Reactions: mve
Yeah, Peter, you’re right. I guess the two systems were in competition to each other. Procedure is different with the prepositioning system and the pneumatic table where you take physical references for guidance, say, a bore or a center. Don’t know what the price difference might have been.

I had forgotten about this, will attach some images that can be read, hopefully.

I guess I was intrigued by the pin template system with a "Guide Drawing". It sounds like a good idea. Reading it now, it was intended for repetition work: quick, repeatable, manual repositioning.

Mechanola, perhaps the pneumatic table was another model? This one looks to use rollers on X & Y axis for easy movement.

I have other pages from this brochure if anyone is interested.

View attachment 175115 View attachment 175116 View attachment 175117 View attachment 175118

I have other pages from this brochure if anyone is interested ,i am very interst in this
i have buy this table today

Back