What's new
What's new

Acramatic 2100 Lancer 1250 KTI Board/Touchscreen Diagnostic

mvpolo2k3

Plastic
Hey guys, so I bought this Lancer 1250 about 4 years ago, and the touchscreen worked great for the first probably 2 years or so. Then one day just went kaput. I tried testing all the cables, voltages, etc, everything seemed fine. Replaced the 7805 regulator at the KTI board, no dice. I also had a large amount of corrosion at the bottom of the screen, since its not sealed to the casing, and got most of that cleaned out as well, still no go. So i went back to my usual ideas and tried to see if something on the board was hot, or internally shorted. I started with a can of duster spray since itll freeze parts, cover them in frost, and whichever one thaws first is the culprit. Well that worked, to a point. It would make the touchscreen work for maybe 15-20 seconds, then stop, without ever showing anything hotter than anything else, minus the 7805 regulator. So I tried to pinpoint it. Starting with general area, then narrowing it down with a frozen qtip, I found these 2 small black deals. when they are sprayed with compressed air or the duster, the KTI board works fine. as soon as i stop and they get "warm" it stops working. Strange thing is they dont get physically warm to the touch at all. I cant see the markings on them, and I cant tell what they are visually. Any ideas? Id love to ditch my mouse again and get back to touchscreen use. Thanks!!
20200930_203901.jpg

Did a bit more searching and also may have issues with 1 of these 4 caps, and possibly the RS232 transceiver next to them, but Im out of cold spray so until tomorrow ill have to wait and figure out what the real issue is. just spraying compressed air on the area gets the board working again. (area in green)

20200930_203901.jpg

Did a bit more searching and also may have issues with 1 of these 4 caps, and possibly the RS232 transceiver next to them, but Im out of cold spray so until tomorrow ill have to wait and figure out what the real issue is. just spraying compressed air on the area gets the board working again. (area in green)

View attachment 300758

I have an Acramatic pc2100 front panel/touchscreen listed on ebay. Have a look and see if its one that you can use..
I can't easily post a link to the listing, but it ships from Pine Island, NY if you want to track it down.

I found it, thats a great price. I may just grab it for a spare. Id still like to know what exactly is causing this issue, since it works for a few minutes then stops. Thanks for the info Metalurgent.

So I got the FLIR out tonight and decided to poke around. Looks like the RS232 control chip and the voltage reg are the 2 hottest things. I already replaced the 7805 regulator, next up is the RS232 chip and see what happens. This was after running for about 5 minutes.

vt_00012.jpg

well, new KTI board, new screen and sensor, and still no touch screen or keyboard working. Starting to think its the board at the machine end. I hate having to use a mouse on this all the time.

bump. i now have 5 A2100 machines, some with OSA LCD displays that work great for the touchscreen, some that we converted that work, some that dont. I have swapped parts around (front panels, KTI boards, cables) but nothing seems to fix it. it is a BIOS setting? Is it the bridge board? They all beep once when powered up and then beep again when the system loads, then says keypad/touchscreen missing. Fives has been little help on this issue, they just say use a mouse, which is not really ideal when going from one machine to another, each with a different interface (walking up to a non-touchscreen unit and trying to use it as a working touchscreen is frustrating)

Back