What's new
What's new

Adding external sensors to a HAAS

Harveydl6

Plastic
Hey guys,
I'm incorporating some additional sensors on a 2015 Haas GR510 (Classic Haas Control) to activate / deactivate a custom dust collection hood. On the NGC this would have been very easy however on the legacy control I'm having trouble finding available I/O to tap into. The one available input seems to be via. MFIN which i'd like to just check bit status of, but from my discussions with the HFO I can't find another input to utilize for my second sensor (which is key from a safety perspective). Note: I can't have the sensors stop the machine; example tying into the door circuit, unless I can bypass in the program temporarily (in this case to tool change). Basically I want to actuate via. a relay, check one sensor bit status, do something, then actuate in the opposite direction and check the other sensor bit status, normal operation. The second sensor for normal operation will stay contacted till the next cycle, in this case a tool change. I could see the same scenario in clamping utilizing two sensors?

Newer to the automation side of CNC and have been struggling with this one for a bit, let me know what you think and thanks in advance!

This would probably have better response in the HAAS forum. What does your IO board look like? Is there no AUX or "Spare" inputs along the inputs side?

Back