What's new
What's new

Advice for a laptop to fit my needs

Those of us who use our computers to make money, i.e. professionals, know that buying a close-to-top-of-the-line computer saves "many more moneys" in the long run. I usually build my own, which usually saves about 25% on cost, while letting me get exactly what I want. My cheapest build ever was $1600, and took first place in the Mastercam benchmarks for a few months. My current rig was $2500, which I bought complete, as I needed it while video cards were in short supply. As the owner of the business, I'm not going to waste my money by buying hobbyist level equipment; the computer equivalent of a Tormach. Every time you find yourself waiting for your computer, just think about how you're waiting 50% longer than you should be. Add up all that time over the life of the computer and see what it costs.

Edit:
I went back and reread your second post, where you described that you waited only a few hours before ordering your $2100 laptop, then trying to upgrade, then cancelling and buying something old and cheap. I need to correct myself; the Xeon E-2176M, which appears to be what is in your cheap laptop, is less than half as fast as what you could have gotten for $2200, so you'll be waiting more than twice as long as needed. But if that's fine for your application, then ignore everything I've said. If you had asked for the cheapest machine capable of limping along in Mastercam, I would have given you different advice.
Sorry for the late reply. I was having to do the whole dad thing. You know what I'm saying.... Or you probably don't.

Would you like a cookie? The cost of your computers is what defines you? Do you really want to go down a list of material objects we own? Okay, you're a baller, you invest in expensive computers! You're a professional? Well I'm professionally leading 4 new die builds. I've done sent 2 others out already this year. I'm a professional die builder, and tool maker. So you can F off with your professional BS. I never aspired to be a CNC programmer, but everyone they kept hiring to fill the role was too incompetent to do the job. Same for programming 2 different waterjets, and a burn/plasma table. It found me, I didn't look for it. But I'm not talking shit. I learned to enjoy programming, and got pretty damn good at it. CNC will spoil your ass all the stuff you can do with it. If I was in market for a job I wouldn't be opposed to taking another CNC job as long as I'm not just some operator pushing cycle start.

Here's where my interest for CAD comes in. I was hired by a large company to be a manual tool maker for their engineering and maintenance departments. It was a nice gig, I had my own little tool room, with 2 fresh Bridgeports, a surface grind, a really nice lathe, drill press, saw, Miller mig, etc. Well the engineers had a waterjet that 2 of them ran. Both of these 2 guys found a new jobs within a month of one another. So they came to my 10 years as a manual machinist, no CNC experience ass, and said, "we need someone to run the waterjet. Here's a computer with AutoCAD, there's a waterjet. Learn how to draw on AutoCAD, and transfer it to the waterjet, and figure out how to operate it. I give OMAX huge props because I was always on the phone with them trying to learn this machine, and damn the company I worked for, for not being willing to fly me out to Washington to take the week long course that OMAX gave out for no extra cost to one of their waterjet customers. But OMAX's customer service was great, and they spent a lot of time over the phone helping an ignorant manual machinist learn how to get proficient on it. After 4 or 5 months I had gotten really good at running that machine, all while being the engineering departments bitch tool maker who had to do more designing than that grow of very unskilled engineers. Very shocking how such a large, mainstream company functioned with such poor engineers. Anyway I left there for a more convenient job that was much closer and paid a little more than I was making. They wanted me to run a waterjet and program their plasma/burn table, and I was supposed to replace their manual tool maker when he retired. I was again given AutoCAD's basic 2D program, and some old program called SigmaNest to transfer the drawings to the burn table and jet. I was really good at that job, but the guy I was supposed to replace in the tool room wouldn't retire even though he was 80 something years old, and even at that point if he did retire I doubt they would of taken me off of what I was doing because I was too good at it. Seeing as I didn't want to get stuck programming waterjets and burn tables for the rest if my life, and wanted back into the machinist trade I took a job that came with a really big pay bump as a manual machinist for a company that manufacturers automated machines. Well that lasted 4 months because they hired 2 guys to run their big HAAS mill in that time, and neither did it very well so they asked me to do it. So now I had to learn G codes and M codes and use Mastercam, etc. I really didn't want to do it, but I figured it was a good opportunity to learn CNC to add that to my resume, but I learned to like it. CNC will spoil your ass. I did that and ran a HAAS CNC lathe for about 4.5 years. Then my original boss at the job I started at, and worked at for 9 years and learned how to be a die builder called and asked me to come back, and he gave me enough incentives to go back to die building. Pretty much all I'm doing is building new dies. All the die repair is going elsewhere. I like building dies. I find it rewarding to complete a new die that going to stamp out parts that go into things that we all use. Still I left my original career job in 03/13, and that I started in 03/04 and from them until November I spent much of that time programming and drawing on 2D software. When I got efficient at it I learned to like it. It sure was convenient being able to draw something up real quick, and I like the design aspect that comes with it also. Now you know. My career doesn't revolve around sitting on my ass and drawing on a computer all day. For the most part I ran all my own programs other than the burn/plasma table. As far as 3D I have no experience other than Mastercam, and my old laptop will run Fusion360, but not very well. I'm not paying for a SolidWorks, or any other expensive license. This is home/hobby shit. Free version of Fusion360 or FreeCAD is good enough. This isn't a moneys venture. Now do you understand? I don't need a powerhouse computer to do that, and I'm pretty my computer I ordered will run most any 3D cad programming just fine. If you need proof the here:

Lesser GPU, but updated to 128 GB RAM on this guys $500 Precision 7530.

I really don't think you need proof, but you're talking shit because you've let your ego get involved, and it has you arguing like one of these modern day, cackling bitches who wouldn't own the truth if it hit them in the face. Instead of just manning up and saying, "hey man, my bad. I should of read your post better, and now that I realize that I was speaking off incorrect knowledge I apologize for running my keyboard mouth." Instead you double down and try to flip shit to turn an argument in your favor. (Just like a bitch would do)

You build computers? I build AK's, I assemble AR's, I mod cars/truck, I build dies, but props to you for your ability to assemble a computer.

BTW tell that backwards gaf Dodgin to get off your dick. It's just weird. It's F'in pathetic that you need your cheerleader boys to come in here and take your back for you not even being able to interpret a simple post. Also tell his brokeback ass to quit confusing me with his momma, because I'm anything but broke, even with 3 kids under 3 years old, and if you need proof, and want me to stunt then I can do that as well. In fact I'll be happy to do it. If he want to know about my gaming habits then sometimes I'll play some RDR2 or Sniper Elite 4/5 on my Xbox. That's about it. When the new Forza comes out I'll likely pick it up as well.

And please show me that $2,200 computer that can run at 8.8 GHz.?.? I'd like to see it. And don't show some build that you put together on Tiger Direct where you build some desktop with a ballin ass CPU, while everything else is hugely budgeted to prove that you can achieve 8.8 GHz or better for $2,200.

This is home/hobby shit. Free version of Fusion360 or FreeCAD is good enough. This isn't a moneys venture. Now do you understand?
Wow dude. You sure got your knickers in a twist. If you said you were a hobbyist from the get-go, I would have given you different advice. This is an industrial forum, intended for people who do this for a living, so I oriented my advice toward that. You also said you intended to invest in some "good CAD software", which means probably Solidworks, NX, or similar, at least $6k per seat. If you were going to spend $6k on CAD and the $5k - $6k (I forget which) for entry level Mastercam, you could surely afford a middle-of-the-road computer to run it on. If that's not what you meant, you were misleading, whether intentionally or not. The contract programmers I know put down more like $6k to $12k on a computer, because every lost minute is lost money.

If all you want to do is program waterjets and 2 axis lathes, get yourself a 486 DX2-66, that'll be plenty.

Also, you're showing how little you understand computers, if you think performance increases in lock-step with clock speed. There are chips with identical clocks with enormous performance differences.

Wow dude. You sure got your knickers in a twist. If you said you were a hobbyist from the get-go, I would have given you different advice. This is an industrial forum, intended for people who do this for a living, so I oriented my advice toward that. You also said you intended to invest in some "good CAD software", which means probably Solidworks, NX, or similar, at least $6k per seat. If you were going to spend $6k on CAD and the $5k - $6k (I forget which) for entry level Mastercam, you could surely afford a middle-of-the-road computer to run it on. If that's not what you meant, you were misleading, whether intentionally or not. The contract programmers I know put down more like $6k to $12k on a computer, because every lost minute is lost money.

If all you want to do is program waterjets and 2 axis lathes, get yourself a 486 DX2-66, that'll be plenty.

Also, you're showing how little you understand computers, if you think performance increases in lock-step with clock speed. There are chips with identical clocks with enormous performance differences.

The computer side is the hobby part of the trade for me. I'm not fat, and out of shape sitting at work bored with my brain tired from hours of programming getting on internet forums between stints of programming to give my brain a break. Dude. Bro. WTF ever y'all want to address each other as on here with y'alls serious, professional, business oriented asses.

I'm a professional tool maker "dude," I'm not a professional programmer, nor did I ever claim to be. This is something intended for me to be able to draw up designs for my own personal projects. I could do this with AutoCAD or Draftsight, but I want to learn 3D programs and how to draw proficiently with them. As tool makers what we do is we look at blueprints, and we make shit. If I don't own it I have access to all the mills, lathes, saws, grinders, drill presses/radials, welders, ovens, etc that I want. With this I'm in no way looking to send anything to any machine to read.

You're not too bright to be that professional. I mean reading escapes you. Are you one of the early 20's mofo's who acts like you're seasoned in the trade and on the same level as someone who has been in the trade for 20+ years? I can see how prideful and stubborn you are. You can't/won't own up to your own mistakes and keep looking for reasons to defend your lack of comprehension. I clearly state in the original post in this thread that I not experienced with 3D programs other than Mastercam, and that this is for home/hobby/personal use, and has zero to do with any form of business work. Go back and read it if you don't believe me... Or don't, but I did clearly state exactly what this was for, so this shouldn't be some revelation for you. Does this give you the impression that I've got a 5 axis mill sitting in my shop in the back yard, and that if I had such a mill that I'd invest in it and be too stupid to operate it without logging on to PM to ask how I should get started? I'm sorry, I guess I should of gone somewhere else to ask about CAD and computer setup to run it. The CAD/CAM forum section on PM is obviously not the place for it. Y'all are too professional.

I do recommend you seek out some classes, or something to help you with your reading comprehension skills. It would help you out in your professional endeavors. I mean if I'm a customer looking to hire someone in your field of business then I want you to be able to comprehend what I say, and not accuse me of not specifying exactly what I did specify. Really, you keep saying that if I had said, or specified, or made clear, or whatever else that you would have absolutely recommended, or advised differently, and it's my fault for not clearly stating what I was looking for. In reality if you look, I absolutely spelled out exactly what I was looking for in a computer, and what its intended use was for. You just didn't read and comprehend it, and you got all excited about putting your $.02 in after a quick glance because you get some dopamine rush out of giving advise on the internet. Then you're to arrogant and prideful to admit that you gave out bad advise pertaining to what was being asked, and you want to start blaming the OP for not letting you know. Not helping you to understand. I mean damn, I thought I stated pretty clearly what I intended to use this computer for.?.?

Last edited:
I program plasma (oh so hard?), multi axis drill, punch lines, 8 axis plasma coper, 3+1 axis plasma pipe coper.... I spend way more time pushing buttons and moving steel than programming.

"With this I'm in no way looking to send anything to any machine to read." <- then what is the point of programing?

I program plasma (oh so hard?), multi axis drill, punch lines, 8 axis plasma coper, 3+1 axis plasma pipe coper.... I spend way more time pushing buttons and moving steel than programming.

"With this I'm in no way looking to send anything to any machine to read." <- then what is the point of programing?
You find 2D programming hard? Maybe you shouldn't try to step to me because you're not on my level. Sitting on your ass, and sending programs that a computer writes based off a drawing you create or import is pretty easy. I was doing that to at least some extent for 9 years for jets/plasma/burn table/mills/lathes. Easy shit. Especially that 2D stuff. But even programming in Mastercam is pretty easy once you learn it. I mean I've got this drawing here, run these tools in the carousel, drill and tap those holes, circle interpolate those counterbores, pocket there, thread mill here, wireframe this angle, run at these feeds and speeds, use this offset, cut at these depths, turn coolant on flood. Easy shit, and that's what great about it.

Does the intent for me wanting a capable 3D program to draw and design on really escape you? Or are you just on some bitch shit, and trying to be petty when you actually do comprehend because I offend you by beefing on a forum with your internet homeboy? Would changing the word "programming" to the word "software" help you to understand the point? Questions like this is why you run plasma, and not much else in the metal working trade. If I'm being a dick then my bad, but your bad as this shouldn't warrant any explanation unless you're just not smart, or you're being petty, and are in no way "professional" if you aren't able to comprehend the use of a 3D program without having a machine connected to it to send programming to. I mean really, WTF are we talking about here? Are you on the 3rd shift and just bored at work? I got you big dawg! That's why you're on PM because you're at work like what's his face was saying. Go to work to get on internet forum and start posting in random threads. Got you. My ass operates on only 3-4 hours of sleep, and that's why I'm up. Just waiting to go to work in a couple hours.

Wow...You must be fun to work with
I get along with my coworkers, but if you want problems with me I'll give them to you.

Here's the thing, me and y'alls boy are having a little internet spat over his poor reading comprehension. If you don't want me coming at you then don't try to involve yourself in it with little snarky comments. If you want to then that's fine, but expect a rebuttal. I can be a petty mofo, but at least I'm man enough to own it, unlike your boy who reads at a 3rd graders level.

I hope your boy Dodgin replies with his brokeback ass. That mother fucker accusing someone of being broke. That's some funny shit. You a funny, brokeback mother fucker Dodgin.

Alright I'm going to work. I'll talk to y'all sometime tonight. Unless I get hit with a ban or something.

So, you can not model, can not program, to good to push buttons...
‘Shows up on time’ is not really a glowing recommendation- even for daywalker shift.

that xeon vs i7 or i9 is totally wasted comparison considering the requirements he posted in the OP, he would be totally fine with any laptop from past 2-3 years that was priced over 500$ and had a decent ssd, maybe 8gb, but certainly there is absolutely no need for a 32gb for him, and 8 would suffice because the paging file is on an ssd, it isn't 2002 any more with mechanical drives that had abysmal performance (especially in laptops), and when the OS had to use the page file, things would slow down to a crawl, and latter SSDs are 5-10x faster than early ones, meaning the OS using paging file will be even less noticeable

if I was in his shoes, first and foremost I'd look for extended warranty for this laptop, so it doesn't turn into a paperweight when something craps out, 2nd would be to check if the display is readable from shallow angles, which is very useful for laptops, then would be battery life, and only then I'd start argue with people about xeons and i9s and whatnot

and watching few reviews on yt doesn't make you an expert, most of them regurgitate the stuff you can see in any comparison charts and can understand whether smaller or larger number is better in each case, that is the level majority of those videos are at, and the conclusion will be that yes - newer is better, but it is up to you to decide if it matters to you (them avoiding any "liability" for their opinions), so using them as arguments to argue with people doesn't make you look good, just solidifies the opinion that you really don't know what your arguing about

Internet tough guy
no, 10 years of hardware and some software IT support as main occupation, and another 15 as a side thing

and I made the suggestion based on his needs, not something I feel like would be proper or use myself, I myself use a 4k$ desktop pc for these things, but his requirements are very low, my 10 year old T420 Lenovo i3 laptop, that I use to upload the code to cnc in the shop, would probably work just fine for him for 2d cad and occasional 3d, I even generate some 3d toolpaths on it in fusion360 occasionally, it isn't nearly as quick as the i7-13700 desktop, but it does work and beats having to climb stairs to the desktop pc, he certainly didn't sound like FEA, CFD or 5axis programming person, or someone who does interior design for superyachts and works with detailed complex models, does graphics rendering and so on, then my suggestion would be different, but for what he said he needs that machine for, it is totally irrelevant if it is i5, i7, i9 or xeon, p4000, gtx or rtx, doesn't matter, things which I think would matter I already mentioned

if you think I'm wrong, argue the point, and avoid personal remarks, that is just low

So, you can not model, can not program, to good to push buttons...
‘Shows up on time’ is not really a glowing recommendation- even for daywalker shift.
Lol. Right. You can not mill, can not turn a part, can not surface grind, would likely struggle to put a drill through a block without snapping it off, burning it up, or chipping the flutes, can not weld, has no real fab skills, runs a CNC plasma on a 3rd shift, yet you pretend your shit doesn't stink. You're probably barely breaking minimum wage. And yes I do show up to work on time.

no, 10 years of hardware and some software IT support as main occupation, and another 15 as a side thing

and I made the suggestion based on his needs, not something I feel like would be proper or use myself, I myself use a 4k$ desktop pc for these things, but his requirements are very low, my 10 year old T420 Lenovo i3 laptop, that I use to upload the code to cnc in the shop, would probably work just fine for him for 2d cad and occasional 3d, I even generate some 3d toolpaths on it in fusion360 occasionally, it isn't nearly as quick as the i7-13700 desktop, but it does work and beats having to climb stairs to the desktop pc, he certainly didn't sound like FEA, CFD or 5axis programming person, or someone who does interior design for superyachts and works with detailed complex models, does graphics rendering and so on, then my suggestion would be different, but for what he said he needs that machine for, it is totally irrelevant if it is i5, i7, i9 or xeon, p4000, gtx or rtx, doesn't matter, things which I think would matter I already mentioned

if you think I'm wrong, argue the point, and avoid personal remarks, that is just low
Hey, thanks for posting some honest, real advice that's relevant, and helpful to what was asked. If I remember correctly I think the desktops that we ran Mastercam on were using I5's. They weren't anything special, but they did the job. I think the computer I chose should be more than capable of performing the task's that I'll require of it. If only FedEx was that good. Really my old desktop which is way outdated and that I bought in 2012 will run Fusion360, it just does it poorly.

And don't worry about mntadewd. That trick is just menstruating. You know these modern women always have something snarky to say.

This thread is hilarious. :popcorn:

I'm imagining this is the actual JROC from the Trailer Park Boys and he just wants to diagnose Julian's car and design a cat house for Bubbles, but he needed advice from the internet on a computer purchase....and here we are!

KnowWhadImSayin!?

This thread is hilarious. :popcorn:

I'm imagining this is the actual JROC from the Trailer Park Boys and he just wants to diagnose Julian's car and design a cat house for Bubbles, but he needed advice from the internet on a computer purchase....and here we are!

KnowWhadImSayin!?
This thread is awesome. It reminds me of SVTP or LS1Tech from back in the day. Props to the admins and moderators for not killing the fun at the drop of a hat. I guess when you're used to working in a bunch of plants you start to grow some thick skin.

I got my nickname in the late 90's. My homeboy Junebug gave it to me. I think he got it off that old movie South Central where the main charactors son was called Jroc, but IDK a lot of people get called that nowadays. Guy I work with was telling me about Jroc from the Trailer Park boys probably a week or so ago, but I cut the cables probably 4-5 years ago and have never seen it.

Not you, the OP.

I get along with my coworkers, but if you want problems with me I'll give them to you.

Here's the thing, me and y'alls boy are having a little internet spat over his poor reading comprehension. If you don't want me coming at you then don't try to involve yourself in it with little snarky comments. If you want to then that's fine, but expect a rebuttal. I can be a petty mofo, but at least I'm man enough to own it, unlike your boy who reads at a 3rd graders level.

I hope your boy Dodgin replies with his brokeback ass. That mother fucker accusing someone of being broke. That's some funny shit. You a funny, brokeback mother fucker Dodgin.

Alright I'm going to work. I'll talk to y'all sometime tonight. Unless I get hit with a ban or something.
Sorry there little guy, didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I just figured since you were talking about qualifying for Dell's 0% interest financing and also said that you "didn't want to go into debt" over a, ballpark, 3k purchase, that you likely qualified as broke.

This thread is awesome. It reminds me of SVTP or LS1Tech from back in the day. Props to the admins and moderators for not killing the fun at the drop of a hat. I guess when you're used to working in a bunch of plants you start to grow some thick skin.

I got my nickname in the late 90's. My homeboy Junebug gave it to me. I think he got it off that old movie South Central where the main charactors son was called Jroc, but IDK a lot of people get called that nowadays. Guy I work with was telling me about Jroc from the Trailer Park boys probably a week or so ago, but I cut the cables probably 4-5 years ago and have never seen it.

Lol...this shit is pretty funny. 3 kids under 3, your homeboy gave you a nickname in the late 90s. That puts you in, what, your 40s probably? If you're younger than that then your buddy gave you that nickname when you were like 8 and you're still using it, which would make you a fuckin loser. So now you're probably a 40-something year old guy that says shit like "homeboy" and "stunt" and "brokeback" who had to cut cable 5 years ago to save 60 bucks a month because you're too goddamn shitty at any single thing to make a decent living off of it. Then you went and had 3 kids inside of the next 4 years despite being so much of a loser that you couldn't afford basic entertainment when you're home from work. Which isn't saying much because I can tell by your tenuous grasp on the English language and the fact that you act like a total dickmunch to other people that you don't make shit for money so you're probably there 80 hours a week to soak up any extra funds you can get your hands on. That also works out well for the company you work for, I'm sure, because you seem like such a fuckin dickheaded moron that I'm sure any project they hand to you once probably gets handed to you four times because you fuck the first three up. Silver lining though, I'm sure you're a great welder. No worries man, we all go through rough patches. Just that yours is lasting a bit longer than most of us went through. I'd say that I'm confident you'll get through it fine except that you're a total fuckhead, so probably not. Have a great day making scrap for a living, dipshit!

Lol...this shit is pretty funny. 3 kids under 3, your homeboy gave you a nickname in the late 90s. That puts you in, what, your 40s probably? If you're younger than that then your buddy gave you that nickname when you were like 8 and you're still using it, which would make you a fuckin loser. So now you're probably a 40-something year old guy that says shit like "homeboy" and "stunt" and "brokeback" who had to cut cable 5 years ago to save 60 bucks a month because you're too goddamn shitty at any single thing to make a decent living off of it. Then you went and had 3 kids inside of the next 4 years despite being so much of a loser that you couldn't afford basic entertainment when you're home from work. Which isn't saying much because I can tell by your tenuous grasp on the English language and the fact that you act like a total dickmunch to other people that you don't make shit for money so you're probably there 80 hours a week to soak up any extra funds you can get your hands on. That also works out well for the company you work for, I'm sure, because you seem like such a fuckin dickheaded moron that I'm sure any project they hand to you once probably gets handed to you four times because you fuck the first three up. Silver lining though, I'm sure you're a great welder. No worries man, we all go through rough patches. Just that yours is lasting a bit longer than most of us went through. I'd say that I'm confident you'll get through it fine except that you're a total fuckhead, so probably not. Have a great day making scrap for a living, dipshit!
Look at you, and your local boyfriend mntadewd cheering you on. Couple backwards sgaf. Took you long enough to rehearse a rebuttal. Well you got 40 right. I'm 40 years old. You sound like a self-hater. You ridicule someones maturity level for saying terms like homeboy and stunt, and then you'll use terms like dickmunch, or dickhead, or fuckhead or dipshit. Aren't you mature, you young millennial douchebag. "I'm going to call myself dodgin on a machinist forum which is something I'm not, but I won't put a g on the end, and then I'll act slick and ridicule someone for using a sling sounding name, because I'm dodgin the self-hating, hypocrite fuckboy." You sound like you're 9. "Fuckhead" "dickmunch?" You can view me however you want to. I don't think you're on my level financially, and I'm not rich. In fact you likely wish you had the things I actually have, and to be as financially stable as I am. I haven't work over a 60 week in probably 10+ years. If you would say I work 50 hours a week then you would be correct. I did cut the cables as a financial move. Not because I couldn't afford it, but because I'm not paying close to $200 a month after the first year to Dish or DirectTV for something I rarely use. My wife subscribed to Sling, but I've rarely used it because I don't sit around watching TV. I have 3 kids within 11 months of one another. What do you have? And don't be "Dodgin" that question. Try some pussy. With a little effort pussy's pretty easy to get. The impression I get of you is you're some 20 something year old on here talking shit, because you don't get that respect elsewhere as you're not yet mature enough to warrant it as you likely suck at your job, and your confidence is so bad that no female takes you seriously, so you go on Internet forums and "stunt" like a dumbass, inbetween your jerk off sessions to free internet pron with your cheap ass, while in the apartment that you're always bitches to everyone about how much a burden it is for you to afford on your low salary, because you're too stupid to command any real money, or have the option to better your situation with a different job, or at least threaten your current job with a career change to command a raise in salary. That's how you come across to me. If you can't go up to women and talk, and know how to pull one, the internet makes getting some sex easy. I think you need some pussy. All this calling random people "broke, dickmunch, fuckhead," etc is some bitch shit. You want to talk lose shit, that's loser shit. You need to learn to cuse someone out like an adult, and not like a little kid. You stupid, fahaggit ass bitch! See, not hard to do. I just don't feel like you, and mntadewd bending over for one another is really doing it for you.

BTW I move up. You sound too scared to commit to a career change. I move up. I'm back to where I started. My boss, who was the boss I apprenticed under and worked for the first 9 years of my adult career called and the conversation went something like:

-Hey bud, long time.
-Yeah, it's been a while. How's things with you?
-Good, you still at so and so? I heard you went there a while back.
-Yeah, it's good.
-You think you might be interested in coming back here? We are short on tool makers right now, and are loaded with work.
-IDK Brian, I don't dislike where I'm at. What kind of moneys are we talking about?
-What are you making now.
-I make X.
-Well if I can get you X+ do you think you'd want to come back? You be mainly building dies and not doing a bunch of die repair.
-If you can get the front office to pay me X+, and where I'm at isn't willing to match it then yeah, I come back there.

That was the 2nd time since I left in 2013 that he tried to get me to come back. My boss at the job that I left this company in the first place for has also tried to get me to go back there. Again, I suggest you always try moving upwards. Don't be scared to change jobs if it makes sense. First, there better be an increase in pay, and no decrease in benefits. Second, I better like the work environment. Third, I better not mind the travel. These are the main things I typically look at when considering a new job. I'm always looking for what's out there, but never needing.

You sound like a fucking moron. Why would a company keep handing someone work, and keep them employed at 40 years old if they keep scrapping it out? That make no sense, and even commenting on that to try and take shots at someone is either a reflection of your maturity, or your intelligence. Both seem low. What do you do for money?...moneys? Do you sit around make programs for some CNC machine? Not hard. I did it for about 9 years, while the majority of that time was also spend running manual machines. What I'm saying is I feel that your skillset is low, and that you should up your game before running you month over a machinist forum.... But it's the internetz, right.?.? Fuck it. You can talking shit about someone and get away with it, but then you really know the truth, like you're actually kind of broke, whereas I'm not even close to broke even with 3 kids, 3 cars, 2 trucks, a home that I own on several acres of land, a $40K tractor I bought new in 2018, and paid for in 3.5 years.

Look at you, and your local boyfriend mntadewd cheering you on. Couple backwards sgaf. Took you long enough to rehearse a rebuttal. Well you got 40 right. I'm 40 years old. You sound like a self-hater. You ridicule someones maturity level for saying terms like homeboy and stunt, and then you'll use terms like dickmunch, or dickhead, or fuckhead or dipshit. Aren't you mature, you young millennial douchebag. "I'm going to call myself dodgin on a machinist forum which is something I'm not, but I won't put a g on the end, and then I'll act slick and ridicule someone for using a sling sounding name, because I'm dodgin the self-hating, hypocrite fuckboy." You sound like you're 9. "Fuckhead" "dickmunch?" You can view me however you want to. I don't think you're on my level financially, and I'm not rich. In fact you likely wish you had the things I actually have, and to be as financially stable as I am. I haven't work over a 60 week in probably 10+ years. If you would say I work 50 hours a week then you would be correct. I did cut the cables as a financial move. Not because I couldn't afford it, but because I'm not paying close to $200 a month after the first year to Dish or DirectTV for something I rarely use. My wife subscribed to Sling, but I've rarely used it because I don't sit around watching TV. I have 3 kids within 11 months of one another. What do you have? And don't be "Dodgin" that question. Try some pussy. With a little effort pussy's pretty easy to get. The impression I get of you is you're some 20 something year old on here talking shit, because you don't get that respect elsewhere as you're not yet mature enough to warrant it as you likely suck at your job, and your confidence is so bad that no female takes you seriously, so you go on Internet forums and "stunt" like a dumbass, inbetween your jerk off sessions to free internet pron with your cheap ass, while in the apartment that you're always bitches to everyone about how much a burden it is for you to afford on your low salary, because you're too stupid to command any real money, or have the option to better your situation with a different job, or at least threaten your current job with a career change to command a raise in salary. That's how you come across to me. If you can't go up to women and talk, and know how to pull one, the internet makes getting some sex easy. I think you need some pussy. All this calling random people "broke, dickmunch, fuckhead," etc is some bitch shit. You want to talk lose shit, that's loser shit. You need to learn to cuse someone out like an adult, and not like a little kid. You stupid, fahaggit ass bitch! See, not hard to do. I just don't feel like you, and mntadewd bending over for one another is really doing it for you.

BTW I move up. You sound too scared to commit to a career change. I move up. I'm back to where I started. My boss, who was the boss I apprenticed under and worked for the first 9 years of my adult career called and the conversation went something like:

-Hey bud, long time.
-Yeah, it's been a while. How's things with you?
-Good, you still at so and so? I heard you went there a while back.
-Yeah, it's good.
-You think you might be interested in coming back here? We are short on tool makers right now, and are loaded with work.
-IDK Brian, I don't dislike where I'm at. What kind of moneys are we talking about?
-What are you making now.
-I make X.
-Well if I can get you X+ do you think you'd want to come back? You be mainly building dies and not doing a bunch of die repair.
-If you can get the front office to pay me X+, and where I'm at isn't willing to match it then yeah, I come back there.

That was the 2nd time since I left in 2013 that he tried to get me to come back. My boss at the job that I left this company in the first place for has also tried to get me to go back there. Again, I suggest you always try moving upwards. Don't be scared to change jobs if it makes sense. First, there better be an increase in pay, and no decrease in benefits. Second, I better like the work environment. Third, I better not mind the travel. These are the main things I typically look at when considering a new job. I'm always looking for what's out there, but never needing.

You sound like a fucking moron. Why would a company keep handing someone work, and keep them employed at 40 years old if they keep scrapping it out? That make no sense, and even commenting on that to try and take shots at someone is either a reflection of your maturity, or your intelligence. Both seem low. What do you do for money?...moneys? Do you sit around make programs for some CNC machine? Not hard. I did it for about 9 years, while the majority of that time was also spend running manual machines. What I'm saying is I feel that your skillset is low, and that you should up your game before running you month over a machinist forum.... But it's the internetz, right.?.? Fuck it. You can talking shit about someone and get away with it, but then you really know the truth, like you're actually kind of broke, whereas I'm not even close to broke even with 3 kids, 3 cars, 2 trucks, a home that I own on several acres of land, a $40K tractor I bought new in 2018, and paid for in 3.5 years.
Too long, didn't read.

Back