What's new
What's new

Advice on an 1998 Integrex 30?

m_mcgranahan

Plastic
Hi, I am looking to add some turning capability to my business and considering a used maze act integrex 30. My 1st question is with the axes in their lowest position how short of a door can this unit fit under? My door is only a 101" is tall and from what I'm reading it looks like this thing will need a minimum of 106... But is that absolutely correct or is it easy enough to get it under my 101" door by taking a few cover etc. things off?
How do you like its machining capabilities? Does it give good as far as lathes go? Are they pretty reliable overall or am I getting myself into a basket case?
Thanks so much,
Mark

have you ever seen this apparat? Milling head has an interesting design, make sure all rotary joins dont leak oil like hell. I guess both spindle amplifiers are FR-SF. If they fail, it costs a lot to rebuild them.

have you ever seen this apparat? Milling head has an interesting design, make sure all rotary joins dont leak oil like hell. I guess both spindle amplifiers are FR-SF. If they fail, it costs a lot to rebuild them.
Hi, Thanks. I have seen them on youtube alot but not in person. Thanks.

Mark

If you want more absolute reliability, then find a 2-axis Mazak turning center from the 90's with either a T32 or T-Plus control.

The Integrexes of that era are powerhouses, but can be very complicated to repair the main milling/turning head if it develops issues. The Integrexes are a lot heavier and bulkier than an equivalent-capacity QT or SQT, thus more difficult to rig/move/place on marginal concrete.

ToolCat

Last edited:

Back