What's new
What's new

Advice on used Mori MV-junior sized machine

tomp

Cast Iron
A friend had a Mori-Seiki MV-junior years ago which I quite liked but they are so old now Im afraid of the control.
I was seeking recommendations for a newer similar machine to start hunting for.
Its either that or a HAAS. I would far prefer the accuracy of that little Mori.

What no opinions?? So I sold my Deckel FP3NC since I was afraid the control would not survive the 800 mile trip to my new house.
Ill be done moving in about a month and in the hunt for a replacement. I was impressed with the accuracy and smoothness of the MV-Junior so
hoping for some pointers on similar but newer machines.

Why would you be afraid of the control? Fanuc never gave their controls an expiration date.

Mori MV is 1000 times the machine of any Haas.

The MV40 is very similar in capability to the MVjr. MV40 has box ways, MVjr is linear guide. Both very high quality machines.

I would choose one with AC servos. AC servos will have one of the latter versions of the 10M which is an excellent control. The 0M came after the 10M and is good all around. The 0 series Fanuc is the most prolific CNC control ever made.

The early DC servo 10MA Fanuc had a very small memory.

There were other controls available at the time like the 11m and the 15M. If I ran across a nice MVjr with a 15M I would have a very hard time not buying it. That would be a neat little machine to have. The 15M is an amazing control.

Back