What's new
What's new

All of Autodesk is offline right now? Yikes

same thing would happen to those pissed off users (not you though) if they lost their local internet connection

not having an adequate plan despite knowing the potential downsides of using a service, is pretty fucking stupid if you ask me

didn't affect me at all

edit: the authentication can last 2 weeks, with proper setup, paired with offline cache is powerful way to keep making parts despite not being able to authenticate on demand in case of a local or host outage

Last edited:
not having an adequate plan despite knowing the potential downsides of using a service, is pretty fucking stupid if you ask me

I would love to see Autodesk send out that response....

'Those who experienced down time due to our systems going offline, you are simply using the product wrong, so we will not be compensating you'.:D

I knew these guys would show up lol :popcorn:

expecting compensation for 3 hours of downage avoidable by actually understanding modern software

rofl yall crack me up

same thing would happen to those pissed off users (not you though) if they lost their local internet connection

didn't affect me at all

edit: the authentication can last 2 weeks, with proper setup, paired with offline cache is powerful way to keep making parts despite not being able to authenticate on demand in case of a local or host outage

What the hell are you on about???

Outage protocols​

Named user licensing relies on Autodesk’s identity and licensing services to provide users access to their software. We are committed to limiting customer impacts from service interruption or performance by maintaining high availability.

What happens if I can't reach the identity service due to an Autodesk technical issue?
If the identity service is down and there is no valid access token (which lasts up to one hour), you can't authenticate and access the product.

What happens if I can't reach the licensing service due to an Autodesk technical issue?
  • If you start the product for initial authorization, you'll receive a temporary license that can be used for up to four hours. If the issue is not resolved within four hours, you're issued another temporary license. After the licensing service is back up and running, you're automatically granted your license.
  • If you already have the product open, you can continue using the product for up to 24 hours. If the issue is not resolved within 24 hours, you're issued a temporary license. After the licensing service is back up and running, you're automatically granted your license.

I think some of you should look up from the keyboard and look at what's happening over at twitter.

I bet nobody who used twitter EVER thought they needed to backup up their twitter feed because one day it could be gone. Well that day has arrived thanks to that ****** Musk.

I'm not saying Autodesk could go that way.

But what happens if Musk were to buy Autodesk (not inconceivable) lay off half the staff, then tell the remaining staff to work longer hours and be extraordinarily productive. In a short space of time there will be a mass exodus of software engineers etc etc. It's happening at twitter. Could conceivably happen at Autodesk. There are whole sections at twitter with no people there anymore. If Autodesk where to loose all Cloud admin/engineers/programmers, what ya thinks going to happen?

Welcome to the Autodesk dystopian nightmare.

----------------------------------------

I can sleep at night, knowing Cadkey,Surfcam,NX will be there in the morning for me. Makes me almost hard thinking about it. Yep I'm a sick puppy.

This thread is already older than the time the system was down for.
lol what is that supposed to mean? The outage wasn't 'that bad'? Outages are ok as long as they are less than 24hrs?

Schadenfreude....yes, as most would. When you tell a kid not to touch the electric fence, then they do. You can't help but chuckle.

Which fails more often. Autodesk's net service or my electricity?
Sucks to have anything go down but it seems that one of these is more reliable.
What costs more? Not being able to use the CAD/CAM or having 5 to10 machines drop out in the middle of cycle?
Lemme see... diamond wheels are $600 each.
Bob

Last edited:
Which fails more often. Autodesk's net service or my electricity?
Sucks to have anything go down but it seems that one of these is more reliable.
What costs more? Not being able to use the CAD/CAM or having 5 to10 machines drop out in the middle of cycle?
Lemme see... diamond wheels are $600 each.
Bob
You don't have a backup generator?

What the hell are you on about???

same page bro

clearly says up to 30 days without even online access once authenticated, can literally unplug your internet cable after signing in

make a competent plan for yourself by

1) doing offline cache refresh anytime youre online
2) leave the software running overnight / across weekends so any authentication outage doesn't affect you hopefully until at least they fix it (in this specific case, about 3 total hours.....)
3) as myself and others point out other outages will "hurt" much more like losing power or other shit so shore that stuff up as well

How many posters in this thread were actually affected by this outage again? Did you go look that up on software you don't even use?

Incredible doom and gloom outlook on software manufactures suddenly going belly up, and say if they did I'd just leverage the NX CAM license I have onsite. You realize there are entire families of preppers who swore the govt would fail decades ago and stockpiled supplies, or hell religious cults predicting end of the world

Just conspiracy for conspiracy sake, or dogpiling for the sake of dogpiling

Attachments

• samepage.jpg
    samepage.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 25
same page bro

clearly says up to 30 days without even online access once authenticated, can literally unplug your internet cable after signing in

make a competent plan for yourself by

1) doing offline cache refresh anytime youre online
2) leave the software running overnight / across weekends so any authentication outage doesn't affect you hopefully until at least they fix it (in this specific case, about 3 total hours.....)\

I repeat myself: What are you on about?

Clearly states that the 30 day offline access is for single user subscriptions!
Else, this is what applies:

After I sign in, how often do I have to reauthorize?​

The product checks for authorization every time you're online, and when the product restarts. If the product stays open and running, then it checks for license authorization once every 24 hours. This confirms that you're still assigned to the product, the subscription is still valid, and that the seat usage reporting data is refreshed.

Rest assured, a much larger percentage of Autodesk's userbase is working in a multi-user environment than the little blacksmiths like you and I.
In their case, the software is re-acquiring the license every 24 hours!

What is this offline cache you keep harping on?
Are you talking Fusion again?
Who gives a flying f@ck about Fusion?

Yes but it takes a few seconds to kick in and by that time the grinders have become very unhappy and crashed.
Plus it is only 110 side at 120 amps. I would need much bigger to run the machines.
Seems that someone clever should make a device that somehow makes grinders immune to unexpected power failures. :) Or how about an always-on battery system that can carry the load until the generator comes on line?

This situation has completely changed my opinion of cloud based software. This outage must be costing their customers so much money - I'd imagine I'm not the only one evaluating other options after this.
I've never liked network based or cloud based software because of the downtime issue. With desktop based software you can keep working even when the network is down and I've used software that was network reliant and it tended to have noticeable and annoying lag time whenever the network was busy.

I repeat myself: What are you on about?

Clearly states that the 30 day offline access is for single user subscriptions!
Else, this is what applies:

Rest assured, a much larger percentage of Autodesk's userbase is working in a multi-user environment than the little blacksmiths like you and I.
In their case, the software is re-acquiring the license every 24 hours!

What is this offline cache you keep harping on?
Are you talking Fusion again?
Who gives a flying f@ck about Fusion?

I use fusion, I also use inventor, solid edge, solidworks, mastercam, esprit.

Fusion is a multi-user subscription for me and I can confirm in the outage it opened for me and I was able to work on all cached designs (anything I opened in the last 365 days), so their license terms say one thing, and reality is another.

I like fusion, it serves a purpose for me and it's faster than solidworks and inventor but I still need the others as they are more powerful and can do some things fusion can't. Been using it for quite a few years and this is the first outage in business hours that I can remember.

I use fusion, I also use inventor, solid edge, solidworks, mastercam, esprit.

Fusion is a multi-user subscription for me and I can confirm in the outage it opened for me and I was able to work on all cached designs (anything I opened in the last 365 days), so their license terms say one thing, and reality is another.
Again, it was NOT!!! Fusion users who were unable to authenticate ( at least who were complaining) !
It was mainly AutoCAD Named Users ( though there were systemwide interruptions ), where the system could not validate the eligibility of the individual seat!
I've posted how the system handles "named user" licenses and their authentications, and it is pretty clear.
When you sign on, it HAS TO!!! check if the seat is still assigned to you, or has it been re-assigned to someone else!

But since you're all still haprping on Fusion, just exactly what does it mean - for YOU - to be on "multi-user subscription" ?

Back