What's new
What's new

All of Autodesk is offline right now? Yikes

Having prepper tendencies myself I understand the desire to have all the software and keys on your local system, but this outage doesn't bother me for two reasons:

A- I would need to be losing $5k or so an hour for that to begin to approach a perpetual license. (Someday maybe, but that's not our hourly rate quite yet)

And B- I didn't even know it was out until seeing the gleeful posts.... But keep chuckling, don't want to take a little happiness from anyone.

A- I would need to be losing $5k or so an hour for that to begin to approach a perpetual license. (Someday maybe, but that's not our hourly rate quite yet)

And B- I didn't even know it was out until seeing the gleeful posts.... But keep chuckling, don't want to take a little happiness from anyone.

Funny math there, but hey ...

As far as the gleefullness and happiness is concerned, rest assured I for one am not!
Rather pissed off actually as my reasons for not switching and ultimately being forced out of my maintenance contract just proved to be accurate!

Funny math there, but hey ...

What a mid level cam would have cost for the last 8 years, minus what I've paid for Fusion, divided by three hours. It's probably closer to $8k.

As far as the gleefullness and happiness is concerned, rest assured I for one am not!
Rather pissed off actually as my reasons for not switching and ultimately being forced out of my maintenance contract just proved to be accurate!

For which software? Is it one of the ones AD bought and then blended into Fusion?

For which software? Is it one of the ones AD bought and then blended into Fusion?

Oh, FFS!!! Fusion again? Still on the Fusion coolaid are we?
Have you ever visited any of the other forums on Autodesk's website? You should, as you will find that there be precious little mention of Fusion anywhere!
You know why? Because users of Autodesk's other products wouldn't be caught dead using Fusion, and certainly don't care to read or hear about it!
Time and time again Fusion grandmasters have tried to start conversations about Fusion on an Inventor forum, only to be decimated to the point that moderators had to completely wipe off the entire thread!

But to answer your question, No and Yes.

One of them is Inventor PDSU, which is quite a ways up on a very steep hill Fusion has to climb. Not gonna happen anytime soon!
Inventor's modeling is the only thing Fusion attempting at, the rest ...
That would be the NO answer, as Inventor and AutoCAD is a pure Autodesk product.

For the Yes part, it is my CAM software, FeatureCAM Premium.
It, along with Delcam's Powermill is slowly being raped and incorporated into Fusion, and the result of that progress is that Fusion is getting more and more expensive year after year.

Again, it was NOT!!! Fusion users who were unable to authenticate ( at least who were complaining) !
It was mainly AutoCAD Named Users ( though there were systemwide interruptions ), where the system could not validate the eligibility of the individual seat!
I've posted how the system handles "named user" licenses and their authentications, and it is pretty clear.
When you sign on, it HAS TO!!! check if the seat is still assigned to you, or has it been re-assigned to someone else!

But since you're all still haprping on Fusion, just exactly what does it mean - for YOU - to be on "multi-user subscription" ?
Yeah, what do I know - I only have 3 seats, running in a team and literally used the software on the day of the outage. I even just retested on my laptop. Turned off my wifi, software opens and runs just fine.

My wife has a similar fit if the WI-FI goes out and she can't get on Facebook.
No other country would need to physically attack the USA. Just take out 10-20 main net cables and we would be at their knees in hours.
Stuff breaks, you go on.
How did humans survive and make NC/CNC parts without a CAD/CAM system?
Was not that long ago that nobody had a computer on their desk. Now many can't function without it.

The "system" goes down, oh. In past days the mainframe would take a shit once in a while.
Even if you are big and have 100-200 seats dead what do you do.... Order Beer, Pizza and relax.
The down time for the team might be a good thing. Actually get to sit and talk a bit about how to do this or that in the real world with no pressures.

Last edited:
I saw this post and although my cam software is not part of the discussion, I have software that is of similar issue.
A very well known accounting software that many small to mid sized companies use went subscription/virtual/online whicher name you'd like to call it last year.
My 2021 version is the last standalone year offered and it sold for a premium 3x normal from the resellers
In 2024 my version will not be supported by updates and I will have to make a decision.
Switch to a different accounting software(non currently stand alone) or pay an outside firm to do the accounting.
What happened with the op and others with a 3 or 4 hour non use, will surely be a common occurrence with many of the software's that we all are using. I've been in several big suppliers over the last year that were "down" because of computer issues that couldn't be fixed without calling the distant IT people
For me , I'm looking at retiring in 5 years, good luck to you that have to deal with a non useable product at a moments notice

Back