What's new
What's new

All of Autodesk is offline right now? Yikes

This situation has completely changed my opinion of cloud based software. This outage must be costing their customers so much money - I'd imagine I'm not the only one evaluating other options after this.

Yep this is special, good thing we still have mastercam worknc and solidworks. Having to deal with the Fusion shit today and guys trying to dink with it because it kinda works is killing me right now in the shop.

This situation has completely changed my opinion of cloud based software. This outage must be costing their customers so much money - I'd imagine I'm not the only one evaluating other options after this.
Our office recently hopped on the Fusion bus and I made sure to voice my opinion about this type of sales model, but they couldn't get past the sound of all of the money they were saving every year. Not even two months later, this happens. I can't help but to laugh...

Yep this is special, good thing we still have mastercam worknc and solidworks. Having to deal with the Fusion shit today and guys trying to dink with it because it kinda works is killing me right now in the shop.
so use HSMWorks since you have SW, the post works in all the HSM CAM's, IVCAM, SW\HSMWorks and Fusion360

Went into the shop this morning to find that fusion is down. Definitely evaluating mastercam as this is costing a lot of loss time and made me really look at cloud based software differently. Im sure auto desk is getting bombed with angry shop owners!

Cadkey, Surfcam, and NX still running fine here, didn't appear to be affected by the outage:ROFLMAO:.

Oh wait a minute, they don't require the cloud (or upto date maintenance) to run :D , ignore this post.

Y'al knew using the cloud would eventually bite you in the a***, but you still went ahead and drank the coolaid.

If a temporary service outage is your biggest problem with Fusion either you're missing the bigger picture, or your overall Fusion experience has been a lot better than mine.

just leverage your offline cache and keep working? i don't get the freakout

if you think this is bad I have news about Texas power grid when it gets too cold or too hot

you maintain an online cache, and have a plan for downage, like ANY service

my spindle(s) have run all day, zero issues. software is left running end of day to mitigate potential relogin issues either from onsite internet connectivity or a possible host downage

Neither of my logged in systems "went down". I think it's something like 2 weeks of not needing to log in if you properly set it up. Every file change I make is stored locally until I can reconnect, which was less than 45m after this forum topic was made

carry on with the freaking out though I guess

carry on with the freaking out though I guess

Dude!
The new Named User licensing scheme REQUIRES online authentication every time you start it up!
If the service is down, you cannot start up!
Period!
The End!
We ain't talking POS Fusion here, no online cache of file storage!
There are a bunch of pissed off AutoCAD users out there worldwide who were unable to work today for some 3+ hours because they could not sign on for the authentication server having "degraded performance"

But, I am still on perpetual with the traditional hardware based license, so don't give one crap about what is or isn't down.

Back