What's new
What's new

Amada HA250 Bandsaw Switch Identification

Mickey_D

Stainless
My Hyd-Mech automatic saw went down for the third time in the last couple of months and I can't get it to come back to life right now and suspect I will have to get the service guy to come in and do a long wait for parts. In the mean time work is backing up so I pulled an Amada 250 out of storage that I bought to use as a backup. It was running when I got it two years ago but had been neglected by the other shop (dirtiest saw I have ever seen) and one of the switches came apart and I would like to fix it properly. This is one of the older saws that has the manual counter with the LED readout over it. I am trying to figure out what the switch on the lower left hand side of the control panel is. Suspect that it is the E-Stop switch by the looks of what is left of it but want to verify before I chance letting the magic smoke out of it. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Also if anyone has a manual/wiring diagram in pdf for one of the older saws that would be great too. Many thanks and Merry Christmas.

I found this site has schematics and such. There are several different models and I am not sure which one would pertain to your saw, but it might give you a start.
https://www.mcspt.com/shop/AMADA_HDA250_HORIZONTAL_BANDSAW_OPERATOR_PARTS_MANUAL.html
What function does not work? That would lead you to which switch(s) to look at.
Forgive me but I don't know your level of knowledge of electronics, and I do not want to be condescending. To be blunt band saw controls are really pretty simple or at least the half dozen I have fixed where. Just pick a starting point and work from there. Best of luck, pm me if you get stuck and I will try my best to help.
Cheers and enjoy your holiday!

Back