What's new
What's new

AMERICAN Tool Works Lathe serial number 57691

dodgewade

Plastic
I need apart for my American Tool Works Lathe. It's one of the lever handles that is used to switch from lathe to threading.
Thought I had a picture of it but I don't. Will get one.

Thanks

Wade

Last edited:
That lever will come apart- perhaps repairable, looks like all the parts are there. See the taper pin in in the knurled section, and another fixing the lever on the shaft.

Maybe I can figure out how to get it apart. Might could drill and tap some small holes to hold it together. Wasn't real sure how it came apart.

Thanks for the info.

i’m assuming there is a tapper pin holding the handle to the shaft. as far as the handle it self, it looks like a slotted screw in the side of it. it’s possible that it’s just gummed up witch stuff from over the years of use.

I need apart for my American Tool Works Lathe. It's one of the lever handles that is used to switch from lathe to threading.
Thought I had a picture of it but I don't. Will get one.

Thanks

Wade
I used to work for The American Tool Works Company in Cincinnati, OH. This afternoon I was lookign for an ATW Logo for a web site I am setting up and found a reference to: BOURN &N KOCH Inc. Never heard of them before today, but they claim to have purchesed the Intellictual Properties to American Tool Works. Hmmmm. Don't know where that came from. ATW Was eventually purchaed by Bullard and the remains of anythign left was move to Rock Island.
Anyhow, you may look at: https://www.bourn-koch.com/

In Hamilton, OH there was a company who claimed to be American Tool Works. Another compay out there living off an old name. The American Tool machines are very well made and will remain running for years as long as people can get parts for them.

Huston Ludlum

I used to work for The American Tool Works Company in Cincinnati, OH. This afternoon I was lookign for an ATW Logo for a web site I am setting up and found a reference to: BOURN &N KOCH Inc. Never heard of them before today, but they claim to have purchesed the Intellictual Properties to American Tool Works. Hmmmm. Don't know where that came from. ATW Was eventually purchaed by Bullard and the remains of anythign left was move to Rock Island.

In Hamilton, OH there was a company who claimed to be American Tool Works. Another compay out there living off an old name. The American Tool machines are very well made and will remain running for years as long as people can get parts for them.

Huston Ludlum

Bourn & Koch acquired the rights to ATW when they bought DeVlieg-Bullard in 2004.

Huston Ludlum

I've always been a but curious about the fate of the old plant building- Pete Rose Way and Eggleston- the building is still there but are there any traces of left that would make it worth a stop there if/when I visit Cinci someday?

I've always been a but curious about the fate of the old plant building- Pete Rose Way and Eggleston- the building is still there but are there any traces of left that would make it worth a stop there if/when I visit Cinci someday?
Greg, The big farthest west building that we called 'The Erection Floor' has been torn down years ago.The main office building that was not just offices is still there. In the early 70's they claded the building with white and brown metal material. That has all been removed and the building is restored to what it originally looked like. The underground parking garage is no longer there. The building today is an office building with a divese numbe of tennants. If you are interested I have a video on my YouTube channel that you should look at:
Interesting fact for you: Did you know that Marge Shott owned American Tool Works for 3-Years?

Huston Ludlum

Back