What's new
What's new

Anilam 6000m a messed up 4th axis and a shot in the dark

Dicks4fingers

Aluminum
I got an old mill with an Anilam 6000m controller on it and I'm keeping it alive against it's will. Right now it's popping off servo motors when ever you try to hook up the forth axis, magic smoke and all. I've tried two old Alnilam motors that I am pretty sure were good before I tried to fire them up and all the magic smoke came out. they turned smoothly before, not so much now. anyone got any ideas about parts? it still works fine when I run it on only 3 axis.

I don't know anything about Anilam, but it sounds to me like the 4th drive is defective and killing your motors. I would definitely not hook up any more motors to it. Is there a place you can send the 4th drive out to be looked at? And are you sure that the motors you hooked up are compatible with that drive?

I replaced it with the exact model motor. I'm pretty sure it is the drive but I don't see a way to change just one drive. Seems like all 4 axis are stuck together and I can't replace one. The part isn't cheap or easy to find in good order. The motor was just a cheap fix and a hope. Less than $100 to try that. Unfortunately I know more (not a lot) about working on this machine than most anyone I can find

I can only find a guy to come down for like 6 grand and we're getting to the point of how much do you want to spend on old orphan controllers.

Is the servo drive for the 4th axis separate from the brick that makes up the rest of the controller? I sent my Brick to Poland to get fixed after a place in the US failed to fix it. This orphan is not an easy one to keep alive

Is the servo drive for the 4th axis separate from the brick that makes up the rest of the controller? I sent my Brick to Poland to get fixed after a place in the US failed to fix it. This orphan is not an easy one to keep alive
these things pack all of them together

Back