What's new
What's new

Another K&T followed me home...

woodsrider845

Hot Rolled
2CH. With universal vertical head, parking attachment, inboard and out board arbor supports, outboard arbor bracket and braces, and about 3000lbs of tooling. 3 vices, van norman 12" rotary table, and some random large lathe tool posts. And yes, the vert. head is complete, with the mythical drive gears.:D

man, people should start checking their rear view mirrors before driving home, I've heard alot of these "cool old iron followed me home" stories. Is it like a cute puppy when you're walking home from school? :)

anyway, congrats on the new old iron. Don't forget the pics!

Alright, so maybe I lied. I dragged it, kicking and screaming from a basement in the Bronx. I'll describe the situation later, but I was maybe just a little mislead as the the access to this machine. I forgot how tight shit is in the city.

I'll post pics of the machine and components later, but I've been stupid busy, and I'm embarrassed at the appearance of my shop right now.

Last edited:
serial # 13-6535.
vert head is 4 over 6663.

The rest of the stuff needs to be, well, to be nice I'll say uncrated.

Hahahaha.

How cool would it be to find out that someone actually kept all/most of the originally shipped parts together with this machine?

That's almost like some chick having all of her kids from the same dude........... That'd be unfucking real!!!!

serial # 13-6535.
vert head is 4 over 6663.

Lot 6535 was 29 units 2CH Horizontal Machines, June 1951
Lot 6663 was 30 units Standard Vertical Spindle Attachments, February 1952

Typically a machine along with the overarm supports (usually two supplied, but could be three) and the overarm brace would all have matching serial numbers. The vertical head, the mount for the head and the parking attachment would each have their own serial numbers. Certain heads could be installed on multiple models based on the mount. I think there were 6 different heads that fit the 2CH.

That machine has the mono-lever control right?
it looked like it was in decent shape other than some missing / partially broken handles.

That machine has the mono-lever control right?
it looked like it was in decent shape other than some missing / partially broken handles.
Nothing broken on this machine. Everything is in amazing shape. Not even sure why you'd assume you know anything about this machine.

Last edited:
Lot 6535 was 29 units 2CH Horizontal Machines, June 1951
Lot 6663 was 30 units Standard Vertical Spindle Attachments, February 1952

Typically a machine along with the overarm supports (usually two supplied, but could be three) and the overarm brace would all have matching serial numbers. The vertical head, the mount for the head and the parking attachment would each have their own serial numbers. Certain heads could be installed on multiple models based on the mount. I think there were 6 different heads that fit the 2CH.
Thanks! I'll post up all serial numbers when I can. Everything is kinda mushed in here at the moment. I need to be able to access my lift, do all my normal vehicle installs, and be able to get do all my normal machine jobs, it's like hot bunking on a submarine. Move one thing, put another in it's place..........
8000 sq feet just aint cutting it anymore:angry:

2CH. With universal vertical head, parking attachment, inboard and out board arbor supports, outboard arbor bracket and braces, and about 3000lbs of tooling. 3 vices, van norman 12" rotary table, and some random large lathe tool posts. And yes, the vert. head is complete, with the mythical drive gears.:D
Nice score! You have the higher spindle speeds for carbide and should have backlash eliminator....Good that you have the drive gear for the head as well.. They can be a pia to make... Cheers from Louisiana; Ramsay 1:)

I've been busy with other work, haven't had any time to do anything with this yet. Looks like this is hydraulic for the feed? I see external hydraulic feed lines to everything.

I've been busy with other work, haven't had any time to do anything with this yet. Looks like this is hydraulic for the feed? I see external hydraulic feed lines to everything.

The machine is mono-lever so hydraulic control over rapids by the mono lever handle, feeds themselves are mechanical I believe.

The van norman is the rotary table. Got some nice vises, too.

Attachments

• 8691191381093472653.jpg
    8691191381093472653.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 9045421134811456507.jpg
    9045421134811456507.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 36

Back