What's new
What's new

Anti-crash software safety feature - Haas?

Schjell

Aluminum
Hi,
My Haas ST-30Y has software parameters that can be adjusted/turned on/off to avoid for instance a tailstock crash with turret, etc..

Being that the machine knows the Z-position of all the tools in the turret - is anyone here aware of a proximity alarm/parameter in the Haas NGC that will stop the machine before I accidentally run a neighboring drill/boring bar through the firewall??

I've been really close, and my firewall has a few dents in it, but the more I think of it this should be really easy to implement.
Haas knows the z-position of the firewall (roughly) and then its just a few lines of code I would have thought..

Kind regards,
John

You could probably write a macro for that.

Yup, I probably could, good advice. I haven't made macros yet, but it's on my to-learn list. Used them often enough in Excel, I imagine I'll find plenty of info in the internet once I find time for it. Enjoy the weekend!

Better yet, modify the headwall sheetmetal with a big box to accommodate long tools.

The newer version of my machine has this, and I have planned doing this ever since my warranty ran out. Only a bunch of air behind that firewall. Funny how things get postponed due to other incoming work.. Business first though!

if you call your distributor/hfo they should be able to help you out with a macro. or call haas customer advocate and have him pass you off to the right person. im no good at macro writing. but so far theyve had a macro to do what i wanted already written and just emailed it to me.

I just sent an email to Mark, the Haas tip of the day guy, and asked him about this. He has been very helpful in the past. I think it's great that Haas has fantastic guys like him who always finds time for us "little guys".

Back