What's new
What's new

Any market left for used C16J tubes & a module?

rklopp

Diamond
I replaced the C16J tubes and module in my 10EE with Scissio parts, so now I have at least two and probably four working tubes and a module as surplus. I also have an extra QSD relay. How about $100 for the four tubes and $25 for the module including ground shipping in the CONUS. The QSD is free but “buyer” pays shipping. Reply and PM if interested and reply here if I should just trash the items. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I replaced the C16J tubes and module in my 10EE with Scissio parts, so now I have at least two and probably four working tubes and a module as surplus. I also have an extra QSD relay. How about $100 for the four tubes and $25 for the module including ground shipping in the CONUS. The QSD is free but “buyer” pays shipping. Reply and PM if interested and reply here if I should just trash the items. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recently I came across this offer on eBay: Monarch 10EE Lathe Modular Drive Two New C16J and One New C3J Thyratron Tube Set | eBay

Two C16J's and one C3J, purported to be new, $1200.00 for the three tubes. A lot more than you are asking but rather less than what used to be the asking price on eBay as nearly as I recall. Seems like $1200.00 used to be for one C16J. Did leave me wondering if the Scissio products are responsible for lowering the price of the tubes.

I remember years ago discussions on this forum and before that on the rec.crafts.metalworking newsgroup about a solid state drop-in replacement for the C16J. Consensus among those more knowledgeable than myself was that such a thing was impossible (the reasons were way over my head). What Scissio has achieved seems quite wonderful.

David

Unfortunately on a Modular you can't really see the tubes in operation. On my WIAD I was thinking of making a clear plexi door so you can see those pretty colors when the tubes light up. Probably the only advantage over the Scissio upgrade.

I too have a spare set of C16J tubes from My Scissio conversion. I am not sure if they work as I didn't have 480V to fire the machine once I got it all back together so I went directly to the S.S. replacements and single phase 240. The machine "ran" prior to my ownership but wasn't running upon my removal from his shop due to a bad owner/operator and his lack of repair knowledge. I found the QSD relay had the arm popped off.... If I had more time at his shop to mess with it, I would have ran it 1st. Once powered up, I did find that my C3J was very flaky and likely the real issue with his lack of using it.

Anywho, If someone want's my 2 - C16J's, let me know. I have no way of testing them, so I can't eBay them or ask $$$$$$$. I'd do 100$ for the 2, IF they work. I will send them out and then we can worry about the $$ If they work.
Todd (Belvedere66 at hotmail dot com)

I too have a spare set of C16J tubes from My Scissio conversion. I am not sure if they work as I didn't have 480V to fire the machine once I got it all back together so I went directly to the S.S. replacements and single phase 240. The machine "ran" prior to my ownership but wasn't running upon my removal from his shop due to a bad owner/operator and his lack of repair knowledge. I found the QSD relay had the arm popped off.... If I had more time at his shop to mess with it, I would have ran it 1st. Once powered up, I did find that my C3J was very flaky and likely the real issue with his lack of using it.

Anywho, If someone want's my 2 - C16J's, let me know. I have no way of testing them, so I can't eBay them or ask $$$$$$$. I'd do 100$ for the 2, IF they work. I will send them out and then we can worry about the $$ If they work.

I'll buy the 2 tubes you have for $100

C'mon, Daryl... "high tech" is all around us. Argon glow lamps.. LED's..

If you really want the "eye candy"? Just put a small 'TV' screen wherever you care to.

"Play" a 'living fireplace' DVD.. or any OTHER video you care to.

Lions mating, even... given it IS a "Lion of Sidney"

I recieved my two spare c16j tubes from Desmato. They were wrapped about 6 layers of bubble wrap. He shipped them in the boxes that scissio sent him his solid state units.
They look clear. Not dark grey like some I've seen on ebay.
It feels good to have spares to swap out if needed while troubleshooting. I may never need them, but I have them.
I'll go solid state if needed in the future.
I have been stalled on finding that flanged bearing in the gearbox. I'm about to lock-tite a regular bearing in there.
I want to stick with the tubes to keep all the classic sounds of a 10ee. Insanity has set in!

Back