What's new
What's new

Any way to adjust the handle on my Aloris Tool Post?

Luke

Hot Rolled
The handle on my Aloris locks at about 1 o'clock and this is quite annoying. My understanding is it should be about 5 o'clock. Is there an adjustment that can be made?

Luke

Another possibility is the tool holder. Are you using Aloris tool holders. I have a few Yuasa holders that barely fit on a BXA and one or two no name that fit loosely on a CXA.

Yup, you're off a thread. :)

I find even with "genuine" Aloris holders, the angle of the handle varies up to 45 degrees or more between them.

Thanks for the info. This afternoon, I will disassemble and give this a try. :)

Make a tool. It has to fit that "screw driver" slot tight as hell, plus have enough metal on it to get a hold of with a big wrench - then you need something like a ten inch Kurt vise to hold the body with.

You are unscrewing a custom "axle" that has a near interference thread in the bottom of the body. The multi start screw with the handle pivots on this "axle"

A great opportunity to lube up the multi start screw and slides. They fill up with stuff that makes rust.

Old thread I know, but I am having the same issue. I have a aloris bxa tool post and am using aloris tool holders. My problem is trying to clock the handle so it doesnt interfer with removing the tool holder. It is about 90* out. It works just fine for one side installing the holder, but the handle piviots just over the corner of the other side making it had to install the other holder. I have completely disassembled the holder and gave a good cleaning and oiling. I have clocked the wedges every way from sunday and it still isnt to my liking. If I clock it to where the handle doesnt interfere with either holder side, it then sticks out over the work to release or it sticks out in the direction of the travel. The holder works fine, its just the handle direction is wrong.

Make a tool. It has to fit that "screw driver" slot tight as hell, plus have enough metal on it to get a hold of with a big wrench ...

I used a face type pin spanner wrench to get my Aloris apart.
Maybe mine was not tight enough to require the death grip.
But good idea John.

I believe Dorian makes their toolposts now where the handle is indexable.
I gleaned this from looking at their web site. The older ones I don't
believe have this feature. Good idea really.

But yes, I think you are 1 thread off on the multi-start thread.

---Doozer

If it’s the wedge tool holder make sure both wedges are the same height. Also did you mark them so you put them back in the same slots that came out of.
Now if one wedge is lower than the other you’ve got it indexed wrong. that’s a three lead screw on the center you screw out. it’ll go in three different ways but each time each ways. Try all three ways. One should keep it to the right. one wedge mount to the front and one on the left side your handle should be to the right. Put some I put some mobile 1 oil on my parts to keep them slick.

Old thread I know, but I am having the same issue. I have a aloris bxa tool post and am using aloris tool holders. My problem is trying to clock the handle so it doesnt interfer with removing the tool holder. It is about 90* out. It works just fine for one side installing the holder, but the handle piviots just over the corner of the other side making it had to install the other holder. I have completely disassembled the holder and gave a good cleaning and oiling. I have clocked the wedges every way from sunday and it still isnt to my liking. If I clock it to where the handle doesnt interfere with either holder side, it then sticks out over the work to release or it sticks out in the direction of the travel. The holder works fine, its just the handle direction is wrong.
Hey Muddstopper, before this post gets too old again, I was wondering if you had any luck fixing your problem with this aloris tool post / holder? I'm having the same problem. I end up having to unscrew and remove the handle out of the way just to remove or install the holder.
Thanks

Back