What's new
What's new

Anyone ever ran one of these? (Van Norman #2 "medium")

Hello, glad to be part of the PM. I am helping a buddy of mine get a couple of his fathers machine tools back up and running of which this beauty belongs. I have not been able to find much in the way of information regarding this particular model and thought I would reach out to the good folks on this forum in hopes of getting a general run-down on this mill. He said when it was last under power that all speeds/feeds worked. Anyone ever ran one of these? Are parts hard to come by? What size is the tapper? Where their many specialized attachments available ? Age?.. etc.. Serial# 3001-654

Some parts may be common with other ram-type mills (knee in particular) but other than that parts will be hard to come by.

the vise looks like a K&T if so you have a good vise. lt should have a serial/ lot number on it and be marked K&T Might have a naval anchor stamp as a lot of them went to the us navy

Thank you all for lending what insight you have on this machine! I will be sure to post more pictures next time I am over there. :)

Back