What's new
What's new

Applicon Bravo Version 7 CD

IDreamChaserI

Plastic
Hi,

I have a friend who still using the above CAM.
He lost the installation CD and afraid the Old XP would die someday.
I wonder if any member would have a copy of the above?
It would be nice to have a duplicate copy.
I have asked quite a number of forums, still no luck for me.
Hope that anyone could help.

Thanks.

I just want a copy of that CD if possible.
Would be nice to put into a zip file.
Not sure what you mean by bootleg.

What I meant was, are you sure it's legal to "just get" another installation disk?

It kind of sucks, but some companies have fine print that says you are not allowed to sell the software to a third-party.
If it's old enough you're probably okay, too hard for lawyers to track it down. :D

:cheers:

What I meant was, are you sure it's legal to "just get" another installation disk?

It kind of sucks, but some companies have fine print that says you are not allowed to sell the software to a third-party.
If it's old enough you're probably okay, too hard for lawyers to track it down. :D

:cheers:

Thx for clarified.
I guess you may not know the software.
Even I obtain the CD, I can’t install it due to the special license required.
As my friend has his license, he can install it.
This is how Applicon Bravo control the distribution.

That license may or may not do you any good. The license he has may only apply to the physical copy he has.

A lot of that type of software have codes embedded in the setup or install files that unless you have the key they will not install. Some also require a key to be sent from the publisher.

Tom

That license may or may not do you any good. The license he has may only apply to the physical copy he has.

A lot of that type of software have codes embedded in the setup or install files that unless you have the key they will not install. Some also require a key to be sent from the publisher.

Tom

Thx for the advise.
It would be good if someone could share with me the CD.
My friend just need the CD as he has his own licenses.

So IOW, you want a bootleg copy..?? :skep:

I don't think he does want that, but seriously, who cares if someone wants a "bootleg" copy of ancient history software from a long defunct company??

I have been trying to find a copy of Bravo from the Schlumberger era to play with on my old macs from that vintage (MacBravo! Modeller and Detailer). Seems like it's rarer than unicorn poop though.

I don't think he does want that, but seriously, who cares if someone wants a "bootleg" copy of ancient history software from a long defunct company??

I have been trying to find a copy of Bravo from the Schlumberger era to play with on my old macs from that vintage (MacBravo! Modeller and Detailer). Seems like it's rarer than unicorn poop though.

Honestly, more than 20 years old 😊.
I still believe someone may have the CD somehow. Just that my friend and I have to wait for the day to arrive.
Finger crossed, be positive.

Bravo NCG, that's what I learned to program on about 23 years ago. I loved learning on that it was very versatile. We actually do have it loaded on a computer that I can remote into if I need to use it. We switched to Esprit back in 2003.

I sent my IT guy an email to see if we have the version your looking for. If we do I may be able to help you out.

George

Bravo NCG, that's what I learned to program on about 23 years ago. I loved learning on that it was very versatile. We actually do have it loaded on a computer that I can remote into if I need to use it. We switched to Esprit back in 2003.

I sent my IT guy an email to see if we have the version your looking for. If we do I may be able to help you out.

George

Hi,

Thank you for your help.
It would seem no luck so far.

Regards,

I have version 8, I don't think I have 7 though.. Cant remember off hand.

I was able to get it working in windows 7, but after that I decided to create an XP machine using VirtualBox because i believe I had problems with Win10.

Better this way anyway, can easily setup on any computer I want to run it on.

I'll try to get my USB hard drives out later and get a link set up using Google drive or something similar so you can grab a copy..

Should be able to have it by this evening, but if not a day or two for sure..

Hi,

Thanks.
Good Gosh, I know that this is an old thread, but I have some information for you if interested. I was the last Manager of Product Planning for the CAM Software at Applicon before UG Solutions purchased us in April 1999.

IF, you have a 32-bit Windows Operating System, you can take your Bravo3 V7 or V8 Installation CD and perform the install as easily as it did back in the day. However, since Bravo3 versions for Microsoft Windows was never written for a 64-Bit Windows O.S. The installation will immediately ABORT.

If you were licensed for Bravo3 you have no issues where you obtain your Installation Media from. The licensing all comes in via your NODELOCK file when you go to launch the application. If you need any help in obtaining installation media, machine tool drivers (Links), feel free to contact me. I think it is cool that there are still customers out there who have experienced the BEST NC Programming Software ( Compact II / NCGraphics, BravoDraft, GEM) that was ever developed. It just kills Siemens PLM Software that these people still exist.

Huston Ludlum

Hi,

Thanks.
I'm sorry that I did not see this thread earlier.
I can help you out with the latest Applicon Bravo Version 8 DVD.
So, there is no such thing as a 'Bootleged Copy.'
Whether you can use the software requires that you have the license file.
You will not find a license file from someone on the internet.

Your friend with the WindowsXP machine need not worry.
I currently have Bravo3 v8 running on my Windows v10 right now.

The last verson of Bravo3 released was in 1999.
At that time the installation media was written for a 32bit operating system
If you put the install media in a Windows 10 32bit O.S. the installation will run just fine.
However, if you put it in a 64bit O.S., when it detects the 64bit O.S. the install will FAIL.
Contact me by email if you like: [email protected]

After posting this thread, I just saw that I had replied to this thread alrelady.

Huston

Hi,

Thanks.
Ok, so your post is quite old, but I wanted to respond anyway,.
Have you found the soure for Bravo3 v8?
I used to work for Applicon at that time and I have the media.
In fact I have it running on both my Windows 11 latop and my Windows 10 desktop.
Provide me your email address and I can get back to you privately.
Huston

Old thread, i see that but...i have been tasked with setting this back up on another machine, i have been successful in installing the app (v7), and i have all of the old files form the previous machine (MB died), so i have the NODELOCK files.
My issues seems to be coming from the licensing server ( local), i cant seem to get it to actually create a server, im not even sure the old nodelock file will even work.

just looking for some direction from ANYONE who has set this up in the past.

Back