What's new
What's new

Art Deco Bandsaw

Ries

Diamond
I know, this is a meat bandsaw, not a metalworking tool, but its still a magnificent piece of equipment. I was in a small butcher shop in Tandil, in the province of Buenos Aires, in Argentina, last week, and came across this machine. Still used daily, and the meat was incredible.
It is made in Argentina. Beautiful art deco styling on the sheet metal, and the table is marble. Ease of cleaning, you know, but also, just incidentally, extreme flatness. And it wont rust.
Argentina was always a bit behind the times in terms of styles, so my guess is that this is not as old as you would think. Its probably 40's or 50's.
Toni, the butcher, insisted on taking a quarter of a pig out of the cooler, and posing with it, for other photos, before he would let us leave.

I think Do-All should be making bandsaws that look like this today- sort of like the Chevy SSR or the PT Cruiser, only better.

Attachments

• IMG_2018.jpg
    IMG_2018.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,239
Had a 36" Crescent wood cutting bandsaw that was donated to the museum that looked a lot like this. It was two huge STAMPINGS fusion welded at the outer flanges, probably 3/32" thick. Table was the usual Crescent planed cast iron. Wish I had a pic of it.

Back