What's new
What's new

Atc arm alarm

ISSUE:
I got an alarm I can’t get past could you guys help?

MACHINE INFO:
fanuc oi/Mc 2007-2009 campro csp 750i

ALARM:
1120 and 1122
atc arm alarm and atc signal alarm.

WHAT HAPPENS:
It swings the arm to the spindle then it alarms out with the mag pocket down. I’ve tried it twice and both times it alarms out right under the spindle on the first swing.
One thing I’ve noticed that it’s doing different is that there is no extra hissing sound when the un-clamp sequence starts.

WHAT HAVE I TRIED?:
I tried to add a tool manually and it worked and it un-clamped my tool normally (Manually.), but it did not hiss like it usually does.
I checked sensors that influence the tool changer sequence above the spindle on the spindle motor and they seem to be in good condition and working order.

Thanks guys if I need any more info please let me know

Last edited:
I got an alarm I can’t get past could you guys help?

atc arm alarm and atc signal alarm. the alarm number for a fanuc oi/Mc 2007-2009 campro csp 750i is 1120 and 1122

It swings the arm to the spindle then it alarms out with the pocket down I’ve tried it twice and both times it alarms out right under the spindle on the first swing

One thing I’ve noticed that it’s doing different is that there is no extra hissing sound when the unclamp sequence starts

I’m tried to add a tool manually and it worked and it unclamped my tool normally manually but it did not hiss like it usually does

Thanks guys if I need any more info please let me know
Hello Ferrum machining,
The alarm numbers are MTB assigned. not Fanuc. If there is an audible difference with the air, compared to how you remember it in the past, and given that the Tool Un-clamp mechanism to be pneumatic, then I would be taking the clue from that and investigating if the Tool Un-clamp is working. There is likely to be a proximity switch to confirm that the Tool Un-clamp has been complete, to guard against the tool change mechanism trying to extract the tool from the spindle whilst its still clamped. If the input from the proximity switch is not seen by the PMC within a specified time, an alarm is raised.

Regards,

Bill

MORE INFO:
I just finished moving my machine to a different location.

WHAT I'VE TRIED:
It has clamp and un-clamp sensors saying if it was executed or not on the top of the spindle motor and they work fine. I pressed the un-lcamp button and the sensors light up accordingly and the same when I release the button. Now I don't know about a proximity switch. would u know where they are usually located?

I'm kind of rough on the acronyms not sure what MTB stands for nor PMC. What information can I give you so you see the exact alarm I see when I try for a tool change.

The PSI or the Kg/cm2 (What the machine uses.) of the machine rests at 6Kg/cm2 which influences the solenoid which influences my tool change and that seems to be in order.

From what you describe, I'm thinking that a switch or sensor that confirms the arm rotation to the spindle position is not working.

MTB stands for Machine Tool Builder.
PMC stands for Programmable Machine Control (PMC is Fanuc's name for what is more commonly called a PLC Programmable Logic Control).

The issue is fixed... The 3 phase was wired backwards, therefore giving issues to my machine and affecting my tool changer.

Too bad that you did not bother to mention that the machine was newly installed or connected in your first post. When a machine that used to run fine before a move has problems after the move phase rotation check is one of first things that will be suggested.

I hope your issue has been resolved. We are new on this site and just saw your post. Campro USA has a service department at our US headquarters in Bethlehem PA. Please feel free to call us at any time with service or parts questions. We can supply parts for several generations of Campro machines. Call us directly at (484)892-6333 and ask for Jason in service.

Back